New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Just checked online and me, my wife's and my daughter's medicals now show as finalised. Only my son's still say "received" which is a bit odd but I'm sure it's just timing as nothing came up on his medical. All documents still show as required even though they were all uploaded at the time of application, so I guess I just have a CO who doesn't update them? So as far as I'm concerned DIAC have everything they need and I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting...... and checking, checking, checking, and checking some more lol...

Guest sadupops

Does anyone know of any link on this site or others as to what the next steps are in Australia after getting a visa grant? like tax numbers, medicare and so on?

Thanks Mattster155 - I know it was really quick. I spoke to our agent about this yesterday, because we were originally told it would be 12 months at least!! Agent said he thought that they were trying to get through as many applications, as quickly as possible, before the new rulings in July!! I bet you will hear really soon - good luck.

Forgot to add that this site has been brilliant and has kept me motivated - and, although I am not very good at knowing what to say on here, thanks to all those who do, and provide us with so much useful information - still loads more we need to know on our journey!! Good luck everyone.

Guest fatwu

hi, I got a direct grant this afternoon at 1pm (GMT+0800, 6am London Time). Pls make me purple! Since I am a February applicant, it is much faster that I had expected. It is fantastic! I wish everyone who is in the waiting room will get a quick grant.

Name: fatwu

Destination: Sydney, NSW

Date of Visa application: 05/02/2012

Nationality: China

High / Low Risk: HR

Trade / Profession: ICT Professional

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Priority Processing Group (Category): Category 4

Date Medicals submitted: 02/05/2012

Date Police check submitted: 03/04/2012

Date CO assigned: 16/05/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable): None

Date visa granted: 16/05/2012

Wow thats crazy!! Congratulations fatwu!

I am pleased for you but what are DIAC doing??? There are so many people that are in the waiting room with much much earlier applications and are still patiently waiting. Surely they should be completing those first.

Sorry please don't take my comment offensively - its great that you have a grant

Guest fatwu
Wow thats crazy!! Congratulations fatwu!

I am pleased for you but what are DIAC doing??? There are so many people that are in the waiting room with much much earlier applications and are still patiently waiting. Surely they should be completing those first.

Sorry please don't take my comment offensively - its great that you have a grant

No worries. I think front-load PCC and Meds are good for DIAC to process cases quickly. So I always advise others to do so.

hi, I got a direct grant this afternoon at 1pm (GMT+0800, 6am London Time). Pls make me purple! Since I am a February applicant, it is much faster that I had expected. It is fantastic! I wish everyone who is in the waiting room will get a quick grant.

Congratulations fatwu!!

You're probably right. I have noticed that cases like yours get quicker grants but not in all cases. I guess it depends if you are ready to leave or have a reccie trip within 12 months of your meds/PCC. Also, you don't want to do it too early incase you are one of few that get left behind for ages.

My agent advised to wait for a CO allocation so I was a good girl and listened! I'm hoping I'm not too far behind you

(i'm secretly jealous - lol)

Congrats again

HEy great man... Congratsss....really happy for you...I guess now its my turn...:wink:

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: You are now Purple. Good Luck!

Processing Priority Group (Category): Category 4

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Guest ThistleandThorns

Been following this thread for a while. Lodged 175 on 08/02/2012 and got email from CO (Team 7) this morning requesting medicals and police checks.... :jiggy:

175 application lodged 18.11.12

Medicals 10.5.12

Visa granted TODAY!!!!!!!! Phew!!

Been following this thread for a while. Lodged 175 on 08/02/2012 and got email from CO (Team 7) this morning requesting medicals and police checks.... :jiggy:

Hi guys, would you like to share your details with the thread? If so please fill in the following,

Name:

Destination:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High / Low Risk:

Trade / Profession:

Visa Type:

Onshore / Offshore:

Processing Priority Group (Category):

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thanks

Guys got a pre grant a couple of hours ago!!... We are so happy :)

SHandGH please change our status.

Thanks guys for all the support and information. You have been tremendous :)

Oppyddrum, we are also planning to go to New Zealand.Would you be able to tell us the time required to get NZ visa? Any major issues or was it fairly simple? How long are you planning to be there for getting the grant? The pre grant letter is quite confusing.

Regards

Siddysweet

Congrats Siddysweet! on the NZ website, it takes about 15 days to process the visa, but if you walk into the NZ embassy in Sydney, it should happen same day... it took me 30 mins! its pretty easy actually, just take your pregrant letter, statement of account showing you have money for the trip (1000/person/month), the application, your passports, and (for 457 holders)maybe a letter from your employer stating your employment status and that your leave for the time period you plan to go has been approved.

You can go through their website for confirmation as to what else you need to take. oh, and all your family can be on one application... so convenient and cheap. :)

I am leaving Sydney on the 3rd of June, its a Sunday and i leave NZ on Wednesday evening. so 3 business days but 4 whole days. i hear NZ is quicker coming through with the visa so fingers crossed. i suggest you email your CO as soon as you land in NZ though, so that you can at least trigger the action in case it was going to be delayed.

i agree with you, that pre-grant letter is pretty confusing.

Again, congrats!

Edited by oppyddrum

Congrats Siddysweet! on the NZ website, it takes about 15 days to process the visa, but if you walk into the NZ embassy in Sydney, it should happen same day... it took me 30 mins! its pretty easy actually, just take your pregrant letter, statement of account showing you have money for the trip (1000/person/month), the application, your passports, and (for 457 holders)maybe a letter from your employer stating your employment status and that your leave for the time period you plan to go has been approved.

You can go through their website for confirmation as to what else you need to take. oh, and all your family can be on one application... so convenient and cheap. :)

I am leaving Sydney on the 3rd of June, its a Sunday and i leave NZ on Wednesday evening. so 3 business days but 4 whole days. i hear NZ is quicker coming through with the visa so fingers crossed. i suggest you email your CO as soon as you land in NZ though, so that you can at least trigger the action in case it was going to be delayed.

i agree with you, that pre-grant letter is pretty confusing.

Again, congrats!

Thanks Oppyddrum!

We got our NZ visa in about 15 mins yesterday :)We will let the CO know today for our travel :)

Congratulations fatwu for a direct grant :)

Erik I am sure you will be the next...

Thanks Oppyddrum!

We got our NZ visa in about 15 mins yesterday :)We will let the CO know today for our travel :)

cool!

apparently, they don't acknowledge the itinerary (except for that automated message).

Anyways, last leg of the process... i cant wait till i get it done! lol

*Happy dance!*

Received an e-mail from our CO 6:43am (South Africa time) asking for PCC and Medicals.

I just picked up our PCC this morning and will be loading PRONTO!

Medicals have been done, just need a letter from my wife's doctor and they'll be on their way!

TURN US PINK PLEASE :ssign19:

*Happy dance!*