Arriving before 457 granted

Guest guest57545

Guest guest57545

Hi all,

New to this forum, seems very active and was hoping someone may have some previous experience of my situation.

I've applied for a 457 which is being processed, i've just been asked for proof of medical insurance.

We have booked flights for early September because my girlfriend has to leave the UK then and return home (shes Australian)

I currently hold a tourist visa and am able to go without working for a month or so if required.

My question is how these bridging visas work? can they be used to transfer from a tourist visa to 457 without flying to NZ like i did once before!!, I had the same guy at passport control in and out of the country and he wasn't happy.

thanks in advance

Guest guest57545

thanks for that, haven't actually been contact by case officer yet, but my employer has for the visa part not just the sponsorship and nomination???. good to know its easy to do

Hi, we are in a similar situation. Applied for 475 which was lodged on 6th July and (not v. patiently) waiting for status to be updated.... it is a long story but we submitted doxs back in May and the guy handling the application forgot to submit them!!! So, as we needed to be in Sydney by mid August we had already booked our cats to fly on 8th, rented out our UK house, booked removals for 10th, sold car etc. etc. We too are considering going out on a tourism visa and waiting for the 475 to finally be granted on shore, however we are not completely sure if this will be acceptable and have a lawyer in Sydney dealing with our case who should be letting us know tomorrow. I will post more once I know the answer! Let's hope for some nice news soon

Guest guest57545

thanks for the reply - i'd be very interested to learn whether using a tourist visa is acceptable until the 457 is issued. I will let my CO know in any case because breaking the rules isn't going to help my chances! My gut feeling is it should be ok so long as the person isn't working

Guest guest57545

Thanks ABA thats a great find, its all there written down i guess however not always the easiest to find. I see you do this for people for a job so you clearly must know how it all works. I note that there is a provision for personal circumstances however, I wonder if you are with an Australian who must return home to avoid overstaying in the UK and can stay with her family until the visa is granted and provide evidence of sufficient funds to leave australia if required they might consider it. I'm going to be up front with the CO and get their advice.

Hopefully the Visa will be processed in time anyway, fingers crossed

Visa processing officers must take into account relevant considerations such as the applicant's:

1. personal circumstances
  2. incentive to return home
  3. financial situation
  4. ability to support themselves while in Australia.

Guest Mar29

Hi,

Me and my husband are in the same position. His company were meant to be applying for the visa however the proccess has changed slightly and they were not aware of the nomination form!! So this has been lodged and waiting on that. Seems like forever as we are constantly checking emails throughout the night!! I have been offered a job and what we thought was to apply for the working holiday visa and this gives us right to work for a company for 6 months giving us the time for the 457 visa to be processed!! It is very stressful as we have heard some people getting there visa in 4 days and others in 3 months. So hopefully we get the nomination form back and can send off the visa form asap!!!!!!!!

His boss said that this is ok, my only worry is my job. I have not mentioned it as yet as the visa could still come through in time for mid Oct! Finger crossed!