You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest mznj

Medicals Completed, 176 Visa Grant awaited, now wife pregnant, Urgent Response Needed

Guest mznj

My Australian Immigration Medicals have been completed and finalized. All documents have been met. Expecting Visa Grant any time. I found out today that my wife is pregnant. What should i do now? Should I inform the case officer or just wait for the grant. What options do I have as my initial entry date is expected to be 1st week of June 2012 and my Wife's due date is Mid April 2012. Cant go immediately for visa validation due to my job commitments. Was planning to have a visa validation trip in Feb - March 2012 but wife wont be able to travel then. I think that if i wait until our baby is born, we wont be able to get the baby's visa after birth in April in time to make it there before first week of June.

Please respond urgently, because if i get the grant letter in a couple days, i wouldnt have too much options.

Look Forward to prompt responses. PLEASE HELP....

Tell your CO and ask their advice.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Guest Kate10

Your wife can fly up until she is 36 weeks so unless she has complications you should still be able to go over in Feb, although granted the flight won't be the most comfortable!! I think the real issue is what you want to do about the baby's visa if you are not going to be in Australia for the birth. I'm not sure that you'll be able to delay visa at this stage, given that the medicals are done, so probably what will happen is visa will grant and you will have to apply for visa for baby which I think costs about $1600. If on the other hand your co says its ok to delay visa pending birth, then you can add baby to your application once he/she is born, and I don't think there is an additional charge for that.

HTH

Kate.