tracy123

I've just been attacked and beaten up!

By a bloody magpie!!!!!

I was riding my bike to pick up my son from kinder, and was holding his scooter across my handle bars, when I heard this noise above me and something hit my helmet, I looked up to see a magpie coming in for another go, just as that happened the scooter got caught in my front wheel throwing me over the handle bars and onto the road, as I lay on the road looking up the bloody thing flew away, I'm sure it would of been smiling (if it could!!!!)

Now I sit hear with my leg puffed up, throbing and bleeding, a sore rist, elbow and feeling sorry for myself :cry::cry::cry:

Then to top it off Joey was riding his scooter home and his front wheel went onto the grass sending him flying...... now he has a huge graze on his forehead.....

What a day......

Anyone else been attacked by an animal?

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy:

You have to paint eyeballs on the back of your helmet to keep them off. Had the odd magpie attack and my son got chased across the park one day. Bloody thing wouldn't leave him alone.

when my son was at school, the kids used to wear empty ice cream containers, nice and cheap.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Guest 47403
By a bloody magpie!!!!!

I was riding my bike to pick up my son from kinder, and was holding his scooter across my handle bars, when I heard this noise above me and something hit my helmet, I looked up to see a magpie coming in for another go, just as that happened the scooter got caught in my front wheel throwing me over the handle bars and onto the road, as I lay on the road looking up the bloody thing flew away, I'm sure it would of been smiling (if it could!!!!)

Now I sit hear with my leg puffed up, throbing and bleeding, a sore rist, elbow and feeling sorry for myself :cry::cry::cry:

Then to top it off Joey was riding his scooter home and his front wheel went onto the grass sending him flying...... now he has a huge graze on his forehead.....

What a day......

Twice once by a rather irate badger and once by a donkey! The badger was that aggressive he had to be put out of his misery he was like a rabid rottweiler! the donkey just got a crack on the nose and run off thankfully.

Plovers are bad as well. In the spring when I go for a walk always carry a stick and if there are birds around stick it in the air it keeps them away. A lot of the birds swoop at this time of the year.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

By a bloody magpie!!!!!

What a day......

Sounds like that scooter's got it in for you, what did you do to it??? ;)

Guest Guest 47403

There's getting to be a few buzzard attacks in the UK a few months back a cyclist had his head quite badly cut up...............should have been wearing a helmet I guess!

That's the advantage of bike helmets - maggie protection. I had a bull terrier go for me once. It grazed my leg, and I gave it my sandwich which seemed to distract it. I would have given it a kick but I had thongs on.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

christ those magpies sound crazy lol :biglaugh: ive only been attacked by cats and dogs i think, few birds have swopped down but never done anything to me lol

Riding home from work through a park last week (after sunset) and felt this bird attack the lights on my helmet. Never been attacked by a maggie at this time of year and in the dark so wondered what the hell it was :confused:

That's the advantage of bike helmets - maggie protection. I had a bull terrier go for me once. It grazed my leg, and I gave it my sandwich which seemed to distract it. I would have given it a kick but I had thongs on.

did it go for you for no reason? thats quite unusual. good thinking with the sandwich lol

It's the helmets they're going for, I've heard before that eyes painted on keeps them away but my lad just takes his helmet off near to the spot where his nemeses waits & it stays away - luckily it's too early in Canberra for swooping season yet.

Catherine & Rob +ve AIM Assessment 03/09 (HR Mgr), ACT SS applied 9/4/09, ACT SS Approved 17/7/09, Meds 5.8.09, C/O 19.8.09, GRANT 27.8.09!! Flew Boxing day 09!

:wub:

Guest Chzza

I got attacked by a seagull once at the top of conway castle!! I was walking along next minute one swooped down and starting pecking the top of my head. The worst bit was my other half saw it coming and ducked but didn't think to warn me!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Guest guest30038

Near the end of the video

[YOUTUBE]H_T6JbG17i0[/YOUTUBE]

Guest guest30038
It's the helmets they're going for, I've heard before that eyes painted on keeps them away

Large cable ties pointed upward prevent the magpie from getting near the helmet/you.............nice fashion accessory also :biglaugh:

You see plenty of those in Canberra & it took a while after we first arrived to work out what they were for, unfortunately they don't really work (or very well at least) and will have the Canberra bike police/fashionistas sneering at you.

Catherine & Rob +ve AIM Assessment 03/09 (HR Mgr), ACT SS applied 9/4/09, ACT SS Approved 17/7/09, Meds 5.8.09, C/O 19.8.09, GRANT 27.8.09!! Flew Boxing day 09!

It's the helmets they're going for, I've heard before that eyes painted on keeps them away but my lad just takes his helmet off near to the spot where his nemeses waits & it stays away - luckily it's too early in Canberra for swooping season yet.

How come when walking without a helmet they attack you as well then ? :biggrin:

Got me there then, the ones round here only go for you with a helmet on, like I said take it off & walk by & they just ignore you.

Get yourself an air rifle & even the score.

did it go for you for no reason? thats quite unusual. good thinking with the sandwich lol

I like all dogs - but I've never been comfortable with bull terriers or rottweilers. I know they are brilliant dogs with the right people, but they often fall into the hands of the wrong people. This was a staffie and was roaming free without an owner, no collar, and a large open wound on it's neck. I assumed it was a stray.

Willie wagtails with go for you to, but they are too small to do any damage.

I used to work at the Rottnest Red Rooster, and our favourite passtime in the winter would be watching people come out of the bakery with a pie, and then get mobbed by the sea gulls. Vicious little sods they were. They got fed by all the crowds in Summer, and were starving by the winter. Hours of amusement.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Got me there then, the ones round here only go for you with a helmet on, like I said take it off & walk by & they just ignore you.

Get yourself an air rifle & even the score.

You must have a nicer breed in Canberra :biggrin: They've been attacking me since I first ventured onto the oval by myself as a wee little boy :jimlad: Last year one even drew blood the little bugger as I was walking from a friends front door to the car.

Guest sh7t man no way

i did a lot of bike riding in qld geoffrey,and wuz attacked by magpies lots of times (its when there nesting they get nasty)--what i use to do is put cable tyes through the holes in my helmet,and this stops them from getting close to your head--i recomend 12 inch cable tyes

Oh dear Geoff, hope you and the little one are ok.

Animals I have been attacked by are ram, wombat (had to throw myself over a wall to get away) quoll (no not the member) koala, dogs, Asian leopards and cats

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Oh Geoff sorry to hear about your fall, damn birds. I got swooped by plovers in Qld years ago when visiting family in Ipswich, was pushing a pram and they came for me, had to protect my young daugher, so took a few scrapes to the head, I got a big branch fallen from a gum tree, and as they swooped I whopped them. Stuffed their landing gear, LOL:laugh:

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

I like all dogs - but I've never been comfortable with bull terriers or rottweilers. I know they are brilliant dogs with the right people, but they often fall into the hands of the wrong people. This was a staffie and was roaming free without an owner, no collar, and a large open wound on it's neck. I assumed it was a stray.

Willie wagtails with go for you to, but they are too small to do any damage.

I used to work at the Rottnest Red Rooster, and our favourite passtime in the winter would be watching people come out of the bakery with a pie, and then get mobbed by the sea gulls. Vicious little sods they were. They got fed by all the crowds in Summer, and were starving by the winter. Hours of amusement.

Yes they do seem to get in the wrong hands. I have two staffordshire bull terriers and untill people get to know them they seem to want nothing to do with them and will do anything to avoid walking on the same pavement as them. We have a big problem with staffies in scotland, A lot of young men are using them as status symbols and then when they realise what softies they are ( usually) they just get dumped and end up in dog homes or euthanized. Breaks my heart.