Return Resident Visas

Guest ezme

We have permanent residency and have yet to become citizens. We need to get new Return Resident Visas. I have applied online and paid $260 for another 5 year visa. So if I want the visa actually placed into the passport it is another $60. But the immigration department are saying that I no longer need to have a visa in my passport.

How does everyone else go about it? I feel at little concerned about not having a visa in my passport. The person in immigration stated that the visa is linked to my passport number and that this is enough for most countries and airlines let me board a plane to Australia.

Has anyone else used their passport to travel overseas without a current return resident visa label in it?

Tia

Hi Tia, how freaky lol, I have just printed the forms for my husband, but his is a bit different he has his RRV visa which expires in May 2014, but his passport has expired so he received a new passport last week so like you I rang the Immigration office and they kinda said the same thing just update new passport details but I am not happy with not having the visa in the new passport so we are applying for a re-issue of the visa for the new passport which costs $60, but I have to say I thought the $260 that you paid for the 5 year RRV included having the visa attached to you passport. Sorry I hope I have'nt confused you even more. Good luck but I am just going to send it all of to them don't want to be hassled in Bali when we leave

Laney xxx

Irishgirl that is the same as me. New visa for a new passport. But when I spoke to the immigration dept today the $260 I paid over the weekend does not include the label which is another $60. We are also going to Bali, they suggested I contact the Indonesian embassy because they couldn't say whether indonesia would be able to access the details connected to my passport number.

The guy on the phone in immigration today said that it is uncommon for people to get the visa label these days.

Go into the office pay $ 260 and get your new RRV with sticker in passport..Did it the other day...

That must have been your first label. Your first is free, after that you pay $60. I cannot get to the office and I have already paid my $260 for the visa. I think I will just use the e-visa.

Thanks for all your replies.