Friends wanted, dee why

Guest taylorvillas

Guest taylorvillas

Hello,

My partner and I moved over about 2 months ago with my job, we are going for PR and know we are here long term, all is going great and we love the new outdoor lifestyle. The only issue is lack of friends, we go out lots during the day at weekends but seem to spend a lot of the evenings on Skype to friends and family, which is great but I know we need to break the routine and make a new life here.

I do reply in earlier threads on the same subject but starting to worry as don't seem to be getting any real responses!

Hoping for friends of all ages (we are mid 30's), for drinks, barbecues and just having fun.

Thanks for reading.

Tracy:biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Tracy, where are you in OZ most areas have get togethers we could maybe put you in touch with a few people.

Don't take it personal if you get no replies there are so many posts each day it's easy to miss one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tracy, I'm in Narrabeen and am feeling just the same! I'm 34 and here with my boyfriend.. loving it, but how hard is it to make friends here?!

Let me know if you fancy a coffee some time.

Lucy

Guest Kayleighduncan

Hi Tracey,

Are you still in Dee Why? I have been in Aus for a year now and currently living in dee why too. My partner is Aussie and he is 34 and I am 23.

It would be great to catch up.

Kay

Guest taylorvillas

Hi Kay,

Sorry for the late reply, yes we would love to meet up.

We are heading to Dee Why beach for coffee at 11 on Saturday to meet Lucy from PIO if that works for you?

Let me know x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gazandruth

Hi were a Brit couple both 29 living in Manly.would love to meet up with some new people now that Winters over we can come out of hibernation! Hopefully catch up soon.

Ruth & Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest New in town

Hi guys,

Just moved to Dee why 2 weeks ago and am in the same boat! My boyfriend and I moved to Sydney 6 months ago but are finding it hard to meet people. If you guys wanna meet up for some vino let me know, would be great! Looks like we are all in the same age group too!

Cheerio!

Alex

Hi Tracy

We have been living in Palm Beach for a year now and are in the same boat, so if you fancy meeting up for a beer or coffee then just PM me.

We both work so weekends would be best for us.

Cheers

Joff and Estelle

Guest taylorvillas

Hi All,

I am thinking as there are quite a few of us we could try a group meet somewhere on the northern beaches? If you up for it let me know possible locations and when is best and I can set it up?

Cheers tracy

Guest New in town

Totally agree Tracy!!

I am keen!!

Am free weekends or evenings. Location is easy as long as it is easy to get to by taxi or bus. We haven't bought a car yet :-(

Cheerio,

Alex

Hi All,

I am thinking as there are quite a few of us we could try a group meet somewhere on the northern beaches? If you up for it let me know possible locations and when is best and I can set it up?

Cheers tracy

Good idea Tracy.

The Newport Arms could be a venue (I'm being selfish its close to me) and the L90 bus stops right outside it.

Joff

Hi Tracey, Clare and I are in a similar position. Recently moved, in our late 30's and enjoying the different life Manly offers but struggling to meet like-minded people. We're into sports, drinks out, outdoor life and have our own barbie! It sounds like there's quite a group of us and we'd be keen to meet up with everyone. For instance, anyone keen on watching England hopefully stumble to a win on sat in the rugby world cup?? Cheers Dan

Guest taylorvillas

Hi everyone,

How about we meet on Friday or sat night at the Newport arms? At say 7pm? Or earlier on sat if preferred? Let me know when is best?

Thanks

Tracy

Guest taylorvillas

Hi All,

Joff what time could you make it on Friday?

Saturday weather is looking a bit dodgy, and the Newport arms is a real outdoor venue....maybe a rain check for next weekend?

Let me know?

Tracy

Hi Tracy

It would be after 8 before we got there on Friday(so not that late).

We could still meet up for a coffee over the weekend if you just fancy that.

Send me a text and let me know what you would like to do we really dont mind.

Joff