unable to sell uk property

Hi!

I am getting very stressed because I am unable to sell my house in the Uk. I have my PR visa and was going to use the capital to set up in Perth area.

Should I just book flights and validate the visa anyway? Maybe stay for 3months.

Should I try and rent my property out for 6 months and hope that the market will be easier then? This will mean that I will be living on a shoestring (I'm 63) and will have no liquid assets at the end of that period. I am willing to work part time.

Any thoughts on these dilemmas would be appreciated.

I am positive that I will move to Perth, but the timing is proving a nightmare!

Guest bakercrew
Hi!

I am getting very stressed because I am unable to sell my house in the Uk. I have my PR visa and was going to use the capital to set up in Perth area.

Should I just book flights and validate the visa anyway? Maybe stay for 3months.

Should I try and rent my property out for 6 months and hope that the market will be easier then? This will mean that I will be living on a shoestring (I'm 63) and will have no liquid assets at the end of that period. I am willing to work part time.

Any thoughts on these dilemmas would be appreciated.

I am positive that I will move to Perth, but the timing is proving a nightmare!

I am also in the same position, I need to sell as I need the money from the equity to move over. I still have 9 months before I need to activate. How long has your house be on the market and also how long before you need to activate. My idea was if I have not sold within 9 months then I would go over to activate and then come back and continue to try and sell. People who know that moving to Perth is a good move for the family are positive for us those who dont want us to move are being very negative which does not help. Just try and keep strong, on a good note the property market seems to rock in about aug/sept ready for people who want to buy and move in buy xmas so keep postive and see if it sells by then. Are you on with one agent or more?:unsure:

We actually sold our house a couple of months ago but at a loss so we backed out and decided to rent it out for a year I think we've made a good decision even though it will be tight for us when we move but hey ho who knows what the next 12months hold

Paul (40), Lesa (41), Jason (12) and Jamie (10)

AQF III passed 18/03/2010 TRA sent 07/04/2010 TRA Approved 27/05/2010 WA SS lodged 20/12/10 WA SS rec 03/02/11 Visa lodged 05/02/11 CO assigned 07/03/11 VISA GRANTED 10/05/11 :biggrin:

Guest Cooke Girl

We finally sold after 9 weeks and it was a very stressful time because we felt it was never going to happen. The only tip I can give which is what we did, was reduce and reduce until you get a bite. We dropped by 40k from the original asking price but tbh I think the estate agent got it wrong in the first place. Chin up, you'll get there.

Thanks for those replies, at least I know that I am not the only one facing the problem.

I spoke with a local here in the Uk who says that the market may be quiet in August (holiday time), but should pick up a bit in the Autumn. Here's hoping that they are correct.

I have until March to validate, but had not planned to be in the UK this Winter.

I have changed agents, but kept a sole agency on independant advice.

At least the sun is shining today and the temp is more Perth than Rye!

Guest thesalmons
Thanks for those replies, at least I know that I am not the only one facing the problem.

I spoke with a local here in the Uk who says that the market may be quiet in August (holiday time), but should pick up a bit in the Autumn. Here's hoping that they are correct.

I have until March to validate, but had not planned to be in the UK this Winter.

I have changed agents, but kept a sole agency on independant advice.

At least the sun is shining today and the temp is more Perth than Rye!

Hi, yes he is right. we are trying to sell our house at the moment and its gone very quiet and I spoke to my estate agent and he said its that time of year because of the holidays, people don't really look around. He said it will pick up again in September. I know the feeling, it is very stressful, Good Luck

He said it will pick up again in September. I know the feeling, it is very stressful, Good Luck

At least that gives us a month or 2 to get the house/garden looking spick and span !:wink:

No visa yet as meds not done so still have at least 12 months at the moment !

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Guest Lauren111

Hi! Have any of you ever thought about selling your property to a 'fast purchase property' company. My friend used National Homebuyers in the past and said she received a really good service from the company. They are guaranteed to make an offer on any house apparently! Its just an idea especial this time of year its hard to sell your property. We had trouble selling ours this time last year and eventually got a buyer otherwise i think we would of had to resort to one of these companys.

Good luck to you all and your new life abroad!

is there a sales and wants section on this site?

im just thinking that people who are emigrating are chain free sellers, they couldnt be better people to buy from, esp at the moment, everyone tightening their belts, they can buy 'agent free'

im not trying to turn this place into a shop window, it may be a help to some though.

Chicken, gave me a bad coupon.

Guest Lauren111
is there a sales and wants section on this site?

?????

?????

Here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/sale-wanted/

Put my house on there a while back, got some lovely compliments but no returning Poms interest !:err:

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

hard to type with your foot in your mouth.....

oops!

time to have a look in there lol

Chicken, gave me a bad coupon.

Guest Guest55385

We're also in the same position as we have moved over to Perth without selling our house. Our mortgage far outweighs any rent we would get, so for us it isn't worth it :( We just have to play a waiting game of selling it. It should help now that the house is empty as we shipped our things over 2 weeks ago.

Good luck

We're also in the same position as we have moved over to Perth without selling our house. Our mortgage far outweighs any rent we would get, so for us it isn't worth it :( We just have to play a waiting game of selling it. It should help now that the house is empty as we shipped our things over 2 weeks ago.

Good luck

We have a couple of houses in UK, same scenario, the mortgage is more than the rent but every bit helps! We send the difference back monthly (HSBC OZ to HSBC UK is free!,) but hopefully, if we can just forget about the UK homes for 5 years and start again here we will be ok in the end! Trouble is, starting again here without mega $$ in the bank is actually proving quite difficult.

Guest James W

We looked at the quick sale people but they only offer 70% "market" value and it was more like 50% of what the estate agents were saying.

We've had ours for sale since Feb and even though it's cheaper than most others in the area nothing is shifting.

As such we have found a tenant for it who are due their first child in Feb but have said in the next 18months want to buy it.

It's not a good time this close to xmas - maybe in the new year things will pick up.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!