You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

moko2011

Is this a good idea.

Hi me and my partner are looking to move to qld bt we were looking at doing a temp yr visa first then getting a job and seen abt sponsorship that way?? is it a gd idea?

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

I have moved your question to the migration forum, you will get better answers from this section.

Are you talking about a "working Holiday visa" when you mention the temporary visa, It can be a good way to see Australia and to get a feel for the country. I believe the maximum period you can work for any single employer is 6 months on those visa's and you have to be in the age group 18 to 30.

Hi,

I have moved your question to the migration forum, you will get better answers from this section.

Are you talking about a "working Holiday visa" when you mention the temporary visa, It can be a good way to see Australia and to get a feel for the country. I believe the maximum period you can work for any single employer is 6 months on those visa's and you have to be in the age group 18 to 30.

Hey, Spot on SRP, Me and my partner are here on the WHV in Queensland at the moment but have been granted our 176 so need to leave and come back in but we pretty much are doing what you are talking about, its definetely a better idea if the option is there as you will have so much things sorted out before you arrive if you do go for permanent eg. References for houses, jobs, bank a/c, job agencies, local knowledge, friends..... the list goes on.

Cheers

Is living it up in Glenelg North!