Danandclaire

Average time for a Partner Visa?

Hi All,

Pretty new to this! We are just in the process of filling in the forms to get my husband a partner visa. How long has anyone found these are taking? My brother and partner did it last year and it took 7 months.

Embassy reckon 6. Cant believe how much there is to do!!:wacko:

Hi All,

Pretty new to this! We are just in the process of filling in the forms to get my husband a partner visa. How long has anyone found these are taking? My brother and partner did it last year and it took 7 months.

Hi Claire,

Partner visas are indeed taking between 5-6 months. Though DIAC insists partner visas are not capped, I would suggest that to all intents and purposes they are! They have to fulfill quotas set by the Aus government which is being run by a Pom. :biglaugh: She's not getting my vote!:err:

It took us between 5 and 6 months four years ago...but part of that was a wait to get my police report (the took exactly the statutory maximum to get it back to me) and delay of almost a month to get an appointment at a panel doctor without driving the length of the UK--even so we had to drive a couple of hours each way.

As for the Pom running the Aus governement now, the pratt in budgie smugglers seems even worse. The next ballot needs a "none of the above" category.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

-Dorothy Parker

Hi All,

We received our approval yesterday. Just under 5 months...:yes:

I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes, just in case!

309/100 app 05-03-11, Received/Money 08-03-11, CO & Meds/Police Request 15-03-11, Med done 01-4-11, Police sent 06-04-11- VISA GRANTED 29/07/11

Took me exactly 4 months... They quoted 3 to 10 months initially.

309/100 - Submitted and CO assigned 29/11/2010. More info given on 3/12/2010. Medicals requested on 16/12/2010. Went for medicals on 20/12/2010. Granted 30/3/2011. Arrived in Melbourne on May 2011. Second stage submitted end of Oct 2012, PR granted 12/02/2013!

Hi All,

I got mine on Friday (27/7), took 4 months. The CO's don't give much away, I was told in June it would be mid Aug or Sept before it was granted and I got it the end of July.

Good luck with the document gathering saga.............took me 3 months to collate everything. To speed things up, frontload your application with police checks and make the appointment for the medical soon after you send in the application.

Visa 309/100 posted 14/03/11; CO assigned and additional info requested 24/3/11; Additional info sent 7/4/11; Medical done 11/4/11; Subclass 100 granted 29/7/11