and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest phil34

metal machinist looking for a company sponsor

Guest phil34

hi,

i am a fully qualified cnc setter/operator ( city&guilds and n.v.q level 2 and 3) but for the last 5 years i have been programming and running a cnc router. metal machinist is on the sol so would i be restricted to machining metal?

also whats the best route to go down if i'm seeking company sponsorship. have had a look on line and majority of cnc machinist jobs you need to be in aus already. are there any agencies that specialize in companies who sponsor?

any help would be appreciated

hi,

i am a fully qualified cnc setter/operator ( city&guilds and n.v.q level 2 and 3) but for the last 5 years i have been programming and running a cnc router. metal machinist is on the sol so would i be restricted to machining metal?

also whats the best route to go down if i'm seeking company sponsorship. have had a look on line and majority of cnc machinist jobs you need to be in aus already. are there any agencies that specialize in companies who sponsor?

any help would be appreciated

Try http://www.skilledmigrantjobs.com/ all jobs seem to offer sponsorship

Guest phil34

thanks for the link. will have a look now.

Its a fairly new site so not a huge amount of jobs, but theres new ones getting added all the time, so its maybe worth keeping an eye on it.

They had an expo in glasgow last week, was really quite gd.

Guest phil34

:biggrin:just come away from it and yes , not alot there at the mo but will keep my eye on it . i think once i get my c.v sorted e.t.c may just give them a copy. thanks again for the link

If your a qualified metal machinist y dont u apply for permanent residency as a metal machinist as its on the list, once u get here u can do what u want :)

TRA sent 7/3/07[sp4][/sp4]TRA arrived in OZ 12/3/07[sp4][/sp4]TRA positive result 28/3/07[sp4][/sp4]Visa App sent 4/4/07

Money taken 23/5/07[sp4][/sp4]Acknowledgement 25/6/07[sp4][/sp4]Case officer 14/8/07[sp4][/sp4]Meds delivered 6/9/07

Visa 7/11/07:jiggy::jiggy: