Advice from ladies living in Canberra

dferri2000

Hi Girls

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser for cuts and colours in Canberra? I used to travel 20 miles for my last hairdersser who included mini head massages with washes and treatments and free cups of tea :yes: so I don't mind whether any recommendations are north side or south side!

Thanks in advance

The Hairdressing in James Court for me - excellent cuts, great colour and free espresso coffee. Mind you, they charge like wounded bulls. I dont mind though, they do a good job. I get along well with Tania but there are others there who do a good job - Clare is fabulous with colour.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I am UK trained hairdresser who will be arriving in Canberra on 26th November. I currently work for myself in the UK and am also teaching HAirdressing at an FE college. We are emigrating on Permanent Resident Visa. I will be starting my own mobile hair business called THE HAIR SHOP so will be looking for clients. I will be living in Higgins. Ii will be glad to meet you and advise on my services and prices and would very much like to hear from you regarding what prices you have been paying for cuts/colours/blow dry's etc in Canberra. I will be undercutting the salons due to less overheads and will try and remember to bring some TimTams with me!!! I also have a level III qualification in Indian Head MAssage and can provide this as another service.

Would love to hear from you all

Thanks Judith

I have paid roughly about $200 for my colours and a cut and blow dry for my hair, I've never really been truly satisfied with it and started to just buy hair dye from the Chemists and dyeing it here as it can be really expensive, but would enjoy getting my hair done professionally again as I badly need a cut!! :biggrin:

Hi

I had a similar issue - I have very long hair that I'm very protective of. However, I homed in on someone at work who has great highlights and asked where she goes. Tried it myself and was extremely pleased with the results. Two colours, half head highlights (on hair down to my bum), cut, blow-dry + straightening - $180!!

Vibe Hair off Moore Street in Civic

May I know is the price range for color + treatment + cut + wash + blow .. $150 - $250 ?

Hi are you still in Penang or now Canberra? We have been to Penang 3 times and love it. due to arrivein Canberra 26th November. I would love to hear some more prices people are paying for hair service. How much do people pay for just a cut or just a blow dry or a cut and blow dry.

MAny thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just over 4 weeks before we leave:eek:!!! I am trying to sort out a price list for my new mobile hair business in Canberra and was hoping to receive some more info as to what salons are charging. I have looked on salon websites and have 3 salons proces but could really do with some more to create a fair price. Also, what is important to you as clients to receive from your stylist ? Thanks

From memory my last cut and foils cost $250. What I look for is excellent cut and colour and have found the girls who do the job extremely well. I also get cappucino and biscuits (several offers for a long session) and an amazing head massage - yup, the head massage is very important.

I am now faced with finding a good hairdresser in Cambridge - any recommendations??? It's one of those major life traumas, finding a new hairdresser, I reckon

i have been to Supercuts in Gungahlin and they charged me $168 for full head tint/colour, cut and blow wave. If I wanted foil highlights it was going to be $220. Another salon quoted me $265ish for foil cut and blow wave.

Kids are $15 under 10 in Supercuts

Men are $24

Thanks for the info. CAmbridge? Cambridge in UK? I thought you were in Australia

I was but, thankfully, have escaped - amazing the twists and turns that life deals you (aged parents no longer able to cope so I am not returning from my 'holiday' on Wednesday). I now seem to be in Cambridge UK for the foreseeable future.

Wow Quoll that's a turn up for the books.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-35.171891,149.106211

Sure is and I am scared witless especially as DH is still in Aus getting his ancestry visa sorted - and that can take 2 months. My dad just had a stroke in the middle of the night last night so that has really thrown the cat amongst the feathers!!!

• 1 year later...
I go to Stefano at Bentleys in Jamison. He is really really good, best cut I've had for years :)

Hi, I realise this thread has been long dead, but Stefano no longer works at Bentleys and I can't get the staff to tell me his last name or where he now works. I also had the best haircut in years from him, and would love to track him down to his new salon.

You don't happen to know where he went to? or his last name? I tried all the Stefano's in canberra on facebook, but none of them looked like him :-S

Hi, I realise this thread has been long dead, but Stefano no longer works at Bentleys and I can't get the staff to tell me his last name or where he now works. I also had the best haircut in years from him, and would love to track him down to his new salon.

You don't happen to know where he went to? or his last name? I tried all the Stefano's in canberra on facebook, but none of them looked like him :-S

Hi. No sorry I don't. I haven't had my hair cut by him for over a year now, I decided I preferred having someone come to me and so use a mobile hairdresser :)

• 10 months later...