Britain is the 4th richest Country in the world.

Guest Hatton

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I thought the politicians said we were a near trillion pounds in debt?

We must come out of this 3 year recession soon .............. surely/

Guest sudzy
http://www.tiptoptens.com/2011/02/16/top-10-most-richest-countries-in-the-world-2011/

So can anyone explain to a thick person like me why we are in the poo :eek:

Because a small proportion of the population have the largest share. You're not "thick" at all it's just that it's kinda underplayer.

Who owns the vast majority of the land in the UK??

Guest Hatton
Because a small proportion of the population have the largest share. You're not "thick" at all it's just that it's kinda underplayer.

Who owns the vast majority of the land in the UK??

Yep, can see that, I hate greedy people and selfish people who want it all for themselves, Thatcher made this Country uncaring.

Two words: FOREIGN AID......

We are loaded and it is a conspiracy.....................and too much leaves the UK and not enough spent in it. Anyone see the newspapers yesterday? Civil servants in the MOD spent near on a billion £ on credit cards, our taxes!! The public will not last much longer with these grubby shenanigans I tell thee.....

Don't bother me, got a roof over my head, food on the table, health and my kids

P.S. the USA is about, what 1.7 trillion in debt or something? Darn wars cost a bit I fear

Numbers I read yesterday were something like 14/15trillion, which a budget deficit of over 1trillion a year.

Holy cow!!! i knew it was higher, but was just thinking off top of my head what I had read! They are serious figures, how many zeros is that again?

:biglaugh:

Guest Guest 47403
Hmmmm wikipedia..... dont you just love it :)

Great isn't it they have to reference anything they print (legally I believe?)

If you believe there is misinformation with anything you can email them to get it put right...............feel free to do so if you disagree with the information on the link :biggrin:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hoff, we are out of recession, we have been out over 12 months, it is the cuts that I am worried about.

Since we went into recession about 3 years ago we are still in minus growth since then, granted the economy recently has grown, just and i say just, by a miniscule amount and just recently we had a -0.5% figure, the country is still on the verge of financial disaster and if America defaults on its debt, or the Eurozone gets much worse, we could be thrust into an even longer recession ............. so the experts say.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest The Pom Queen
Very, very old thread- times are different now. Four years down the track( actually- why are threads kept so long? Just curious.)

It was a spammer resurrecting the thread. As per your question, one for the boss.

I will close this thread now to stop any confusion.