Guest darh479

Am I now eligible for last remaining relative visa?

Guest darh479

Hi, I just wanted to ask the question of whether I am now eligible to apply for a LRR visa because my brother has just been granted a 457 and the rest of my family (mom, dad + other brother) are all PR's. Or do I have to wait until my brother is also a PR and not just on a 457? Also, I am here on a student visa, do u know if I would be granted an onshore bridgeing visa if I did apply for Last Remaining Relative visaand what rights/restrictions would I have on that brideing visa?

Any help would be great thanks.

I'm pretty sure your brother would have to be PR for you to apply.

Yes you would be given a bridging visa if you applied onshore, it would have the same work restrictions as your current visa (20hrs per week?)

Guest darh479

Thanks for your reply, I'm just trying to decide whether its better for me to go down that route and finish my course or try and find a company to sponsor me on a 457 as I am a qualified boilermaker welder but I have just started and paid for a new semester.

Thanks for your reply, I'm just trying to decide whether its better for me to go down that route and finish my course or try and find a company to sponsor me on a 457 as I am a qualified boilermaker welder but I have just started and paid for a new semester.

Considering that the expected processing times for new remaining relative visa applications is over ten years, it may be wise to consider other options.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Guest darh479
Considering that the expected processing times for new remaining relative visa applications is over ten years, it may be wise to consider other options.

Wow 10 yrs really? How does that work then, do you get a 10 year bridgeing visa?

Guest Laura G

You would get a bridging visa for the length of time it takes for DIAC to make a decision on your application

A student visa has 20 hours per week work rights while your course is in session, once the course is finished (the end date on your COE) you can then work full time, even on a bridging visa.

You can also apply to have the work restriction condition lifted electronically once the course has finished, that way any Employer checking your status using VEVO will see that you have full work rights.

Guest darh479

Thanks for help laura, that is interesting to know thanks

You would get a bridging visa for the length of time it takes for DIAC to make a decision on your application

A student visa has 20 hours per week work rights while your course is in session, once the course is finished (the end date on your COE) you can then work full time, even on a bridging visa.

You can also apply to have the work restriction condition lifted electronically once the course has finished, that way any Employer checking your status using VEVO will see that you have full work rights.

Hi Laura,

I'm currently on a student visa which expires early April, I've been issued a bridging visa for PR under the LRR visa once this expires. I just wanted to know how I actually get my work restrictions lifted (electronically)once my student visa expires.

Any advice would be a great help

Thanks in advance

Brian