You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

alialbabe

SOL's and SMP lists - can someone explain them to me???

Hi there

I know the new SOL comes into effect on July 1. However there are a few different schedules of the SOL now, can someone explain why?

Also, I am studying I.T, I have already done 1 year in 2010 and am going back next july to do my 2nd year (Diploma) in I.T.

Have all the I.T occupations been taken off the SOL and the MODL, because I keep hearing about other lists of occupations in demand for the State Migration Plans?

Can anyone kind of put it simply, I've read loads of info on immi.gov and its just bouncing around not making any sense! :err:

Thank you

Take Care :cute:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/

Schedule 1 are the occupations relating to 175 independent visas, if your occupation is not on here then you cannot apply for a 175.

If your occupation appears on schedule 1 or 2 then you may be able to apply for state sponsored 176 visa. You then have to check the SMP of the state you are interested in to see if they are looking for that occupation, if it is listed as being available then provided you meet all the requirements you can apply for state sponsorship then a 176.

if your job isn't on either SOL but on the ENSOL you will need an employer to sponsor you.

If you are still struggling with this I would suggest using an agent to help you through the process.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes: