PSS removals how long to get to Perth??

Guest geo

Hello everyone.

I'm Italian and my husband is South African. We live in UK but in December we are going to emigrate to Perth for good.

Our removal is booked with PSS for the 5th October as before going to Perth we are going to spend 2 months in South Africa. Here is my doubt... I was reading the conditions of the removal and they say that we MUST be in the country (Australia) before the good arrives and we are also shipping the car. Does the shipment usually takes at least 2 months or could be less? Anyone experienced with PSS? How long did they take to get to Perth from UK? And what can happen to the good if we are not there yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Geo

It is the car that's the problem as basically the importation rules on bringing a vehicle into Australia state that you must be in the country when your car arrives, this is because only the owner/registered keeper can complete relevant paperwork to assist customs clearance, plus also the owner is the only person who can register and take receipt of the vehicle once cleared. Also Duty and GST is also applicable which would need to be paid by the owner before the car can be released.

If it was just on your home contents then there wouldn't be a problem as it could go in to storage.

Kate