help with 309 partner visa?

Guest rachybabes87

Guest rachybabes87

hi guys,

i am hoping someone can give me some answers on lodging my application for a partner visa :wacko:

1. Do the statutory declarations have to be bu Australian citizens as myself and my partner do not know any?

2. We both still live with our parents as we have been saving to move, will this affect my application although we have been together 5 years?

3. Does it matter that my sponsors employment history is in the UK and therefore his letter/payslips etc are from the UK?

Really hope you can help me out before I lose the will to live!

hi guys,

i am hoping someone can give me some answers on lodging my application for a partner visa :wacko:

1. Do the statutory declarations have to be bu Australian citizens as myself and my partner do not know any?

2. We both still live with our parents as we have been saving to move, will this affect my application although we have been together 5 years?

3. Does it matter that my sponsors employment history is in the UK and therefore his letter/payslips etc are from the UK?

Really hope you can help me out before I lose the will to live!

Hi Rachel,

1. It helps if they are Australian citizens. However if you don't know any it isn't a problem.

2. Any letters/car insurance e.t.c with both your names on is helpful. If you can provide even seperate letters adressed to you individually but both showing the same address (I.e Something other than your word or the word of people providing your stat decs that you have been living at the same address).

3, Provided your sponsor can show evidence of being able to support you, it isn't something you should be worrying about! I know it isn't easy taking advice not to worry.. I spent 3 MONTHS putting our application together (My sponsor and I are apart for the process so all her evidence/documents had to be sent here) and have never been so stressed.

If you need any other help, give me a shout.. Though I am not a migration agent I have been through it and semi-patiently waiting for the grant of my visa! :eek:

Good Luck,

Jon

Guest rachybabes87

Thanks Navdeepkaur, and Jon- it really is stressful!

Jon, did you put a folder together to send off? That is what I have so far, and how many photographs etc did you provide to show your 'genuine' relationship? I have plenty of documentation proving our relationship, its crazy that you begin to doubt it yourself haha!

Thanks again :notworthy:

Guest navdeepkaur

they didnt ask me for any evidence. they said they dont need it. i m worring about timeline.any 1 have any idea

Guest rachybabes87
they didnt ask me for any evidence. they said they dont need it. i m worring about timeline.any 1 have any idea

Did you just lodge your application form then with no evidence?

Also....I am totally clueless about what to do about getting my documents certified, do you take the original and the photocopy and they just sign to say that the copy is real? :nah: Feel very dumb in this whole process!!

Guest paintpotty

Hi

I wouldnt send a folder with your aplication in it,just try to put it all in order and send in a envelope.We sent around 10 photos from holidays and functions.We are still waiting for our visa to be granted and we got our co end of march so it is quite stressful waiting but everybody is in the same boat.:cute:

Guest rachybabes87
Hi

I wouldnt send a folder with your aplication in it,just try to put it all in order and send in a envelope.We sent around 10 photos from holidays and functions.We are still waiting for our visa to be granted and we got our co end of march so it is quite stressful waiting but everybody is in the same boat.:cute:

Did you get the photos certified or just send originals? We fly out first sept so just need to get this lodged asap!

Thanks

Guest paintpotty

You dont need to have photos certified dont send originals though as they will send them back,we scanned them and sent them,the only thing that needs certifying is your passport (a copy not original) and copys of your birth certificate and things like that,our solicitor did ours and charged us £ 20 pound.You will be very very lucky if you get your visa granted for first of september as at the min they seem to be taking at least 4 month but good luck anyway:cute:

Guest rachybabes87
You dont need to have photos certified dont send originals though as they will send them back,we scanned them and sent them,the only thing that needs certifying is your passport (a copy not original) and copys of your birth certificate and things like that,our solicitor did ours and charged us £ 20 pound.You will be very very lucky if you get your visa granted for first of september as at the min they seem to be taking at least 4 month but good luck anyway:cute:

Thanks for that :). I have a working hol visa for the moment anyway, so hopefully it will come through within the next 12 months!

Can you tell me exactly which docs you got certified just so I know for definite? :err:

Guest paintpotty

Take originals when you go to take your copys certified yes but dont send originals to australia house london they will send originals back,only your police check can be original.

We sent loads of evidence like mortgage statements,bank statements,bills car and house insurance etc,all this has to be sent with the application:biggrin:

Guest rachybabes87
Thanks for that :). I have a working hol visa for the moment anyway, so hopefully it will come through within the next 12 months!

Can you tell me exactly which docs you got certified just so I know for definite? :err:

I guess thats where my application will differ as we live with my other half's parents until we relocate, but I am sure they will take this into account...

Thanks Navdeepkaur, and Jon- it really is stressful!

Jon, did you put a folder together to send off? That is what I have so far, and how many photographs etc did you provide to show your 'genuine' relationship? I have plenty of documentation proving our relationship, its crazy that you begin to doubt it yourself haha!

Thanks again :notworthy:

They dislike folders, plastic sleeves and staples! If you need to keep certain docs together use paperclips. I did use include an index with dividers just to make it easier to find things. I actually hand delivered mine at Aus house as it was a rather huge application! :err: I'm glad I took it to them myself, you can ask questions and it's nice to know that human beings are assesing your application! :cute: I started looking for evidence that our relationship wasn't geuine, trying to pre-empt my CO! They actually asked me to remove ALL photos when I handed it in... after pleading they let me leave 4! Apparently they don't hold much weight.

Guest paintpotty

We got passports certifeid birth certificate, 4 passport photos and i think our bills etc (but unsure about the bills and what not as my missus was the brains behind the aplication:biggrin:

Guest rachybabes87
They dislike folders, plastic sleeves and staples! If you need to keep certain docs together use paperclips. I did use include an index with dividers just to make it easier to find things. I actually hand delivered mine at Aus house as it was a rather huge application! :err: I'm glad I took it to them myself, you can ask questions and it's nice to know that human beings are assesing your application! :cute: I started looking for evidence that our relationship wasn't geuine, trying to pre-empt my CO! They actually asked me to remove ALL photos when I handed it in... after pleading they let me leave 4! Apparently they don't hold much weight.

Really? Thats interesting! Mine is going to be pretty big too...guess I will leave it out of the folder then haha its colour co-ordinated and everything! I bet they have a right giggle at some of these partner applications where we declare our love for each other and so on....:biglaugh:

Guest rachybabes87
We got passports certifeid birth certificate, 4 passport photos and i think our bills etc (but unsure about the bills and what not as my missus was the brains behind the aplication:biggrin:

Haha we women usually are :biggrin:

It's only identity documents that need certifying alongside the originals. It might have got quite expensive otherwise.........:biglaugh:

Guest GeorgeD
Really? Thats interesting! Mine is going to be pretty big too...guess I will leave it out of the folder then haha its colour co-ordinated and everything!

I think the first thing they do is take everything out of the folders, ring binders, plastic holders, envelopes, etc, stick them all in the bin and then scan the paper documents into electronic format for reference. So basically the folders are a waste of time and money for everyone involved. Staples also become a health and safety risk in case fingers get cut pulling them apart, hence the use of paperclips. Even these can cause heinous injury and take time to remove. The reason they don’t want DVDs or videos is that they can’t scan them into a PDF! COs are highly trained government officers and have years of experience trying to spot the subtle differences between a Birth Certificate, Bank Statement and Passport…in other words, you don’t need dividers between each document to tell them what they are, they can work out 99.9% of them at first glance! If it isn't instanlt apparent, then write on it what you want to draw their attention to...remember that if you use a highlighter and they scan in mono, your neon yellows could all disappear!

I put a list of all the documents I had enclosed on plain paper at the front of my pile of 130-odd loose pages of paperwork and then put two elastic bands around the lot to keep them together. I accept that this may also have been a safety issue, but was heartened to see that there were no press reports of eyes being lost at Australia House the day my fee was charged, so the application had been opened.

Someone once said here that they don’t use scales to assess your application, and that is good advice. There’s no need to send hundreds of photos and cards, send a small selection…even scan them and reduce the size to get four or more on an A4 page to reduce the mass of paperwork, as someone said above, photos aren’t strong evidence anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Anything official should be certified - ie photocopy of passport, birth certificate, drivers licence etc

We sent photo copies of bills, travel documents, photos. You can also use greeting cards etc as evidence (if you're the sort to keep these).

Just a quick question - which one of you is Australian (am guessing your partner)? How do you not know any Aust citizens? This question is pure curiosity.

Just as a reminder your declarations from others need to be stat decs (signed in front of official witness).

I had my things signed by a solicitor - I just rang around locally to find the one willing to do it for the cheapest price. I found on who did everything for £10 and said if I needed anything else it would be a fiver (didn't matter the number of docs).

Best of luck!

Guest rachybabes87
Anything official should be certified - ie photocopy of passport, birth certificate, drivers licence etc

We sent photo copies of bills, travel documents, photos. You can also use greeting cards etc as evidence (if you're the sort to keep these).

Just a quick question - which one of you is Australian (am guessing your partner)? How do you not know any Aust citizens? This question is pure curiosity.

Just as a reminder your declarations from others need to be stat decs (signed in front of official witness).

I had my things signed by a solicitor - I just rang around locally to find the one willing to do it for the cheapest price. I found on who did everything for £10 and said if I needed anything else it would be a fiver (didn't matter the number of docs).

Best of luck!

Hey sorry for delayed reply. Neither of us are Aussie citizens however my other half has a permanent residency visa which we were wrongly advised on... So now I am having to apply myself to get on his! Nightmare and a very long story lol!

Rachel