How long did it take your stuff to get to Aus?

pintpot

Just a quick one

We are being quoted 12-16 weeks including customs clearance which from research on here and elsewhere seems very "top endy"

I suspect they are allowing themselves 6-8 weeks for consolidation and mucking about in the UK, which I have told them (it is a company arranged move) is unacceptable - have asked for an 8 week maximum timescale (excluding any customs issues). This is particularly important to us because it looks like we are arranging an uplift date of 3-7 October, so we'd really quite like our stuff to get to us before Christmas pretty please!

Am I being unreasonable?

Just a quick one

We are being quoted 12-16 weeks including customs clearance which from research on here and elsewhere seems very "top endy"

I suspect they are allowing themselves 6-8 weeks for consolidation and mucking about in the UK, which I have told them (it is a company arranged move) is unacceptable - have asked for an 8 week maximum timescale (excluding any customs issues). This is particularly important to us because it looks like we are arranging an uplift date of 3-7 October, so we'd really quite like our stuff to get to us before Christmas pretty please!

Am I being unreasonable?

Hiya,

My container was packed on the 7/6/11 but didn't leave Ireland until 12/6 (we were told the company only had places on one ship that week) We tracked it yesterday and it's only now in Shanghai!!!?? (7 weeks to get there) We were told by the comapany that it would take 6-8 weeks to reach Melbourne then 4 days to clear customs so unless the captain puts his foot down, the estimate is way off the mark.

By the sound of it, shipment companies have very little control over the timescales once the container has left their premises. We wrote to the shipment company to complain and they replied saying every ship leaving UK and Ireland must clear customs at either Amsterdam or Rotterdam and recently some containers have been delayed for 2 weeks waiting for clearance.

Be careful that if you demand an 8 week timescale, some companies will agree to it but will not be able to deliver. If you want your shipment to arrive sooner, send it off sooner. It's better to be realsitic and that way you won't be disappointed (like us) :sad:

Good luck with the move,

:biggrin: