and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest cdewsxzaq

query re onshore partner visa 2nd stage timing

Guest cdewsxzaq

Hi

My wife just sent in the 2nd stage partner visa paperwork. We are both in AU and applied for the visa in AU. One part of the paperwork was a listing of all the times we've left AU since submitting the original application. Actually, we've both left the country for quite a bit of time - in her case about 5 months over 2 years. We were together for most of that (3.5 months) but I kept having to return to AU for work :mad: with only limited annual leave.

My question is - do we have to have been living together *in australia* for two years since the application, or simply living together ... or is it simply 2 years from the original application!?

Reason being, we don't know if PR will be granted to her in 1-2 months, or 6 months - and we want to book ahead to go see her parents again over Xmas (much cheaper to book now).

regards

cdewsxzaq

PS I realise my question is not so important as many on here, my best wishes to those stressed about vital visa issues!

You're eligible 2yrs from the date of application. It doesnt matter if you are in or out of Australia you just need to be living together or if not the separation must be temporary.

We're still in the UK, have been here the whole time and not moving to Aus till the end of Aug. We are just doing our second stage paperwork. They say it'll take 8 months from when they get it back!

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

You don't have to be in australia when the PR is granted, just have stayed together for those two years since application. A few weeks apart won't matter, provided you can show that the relationship is still going strong.

Guest cdewsxzaq

thanks for the info! So just 2 years from application regardless of what fraction of that we've been in AU. We've been together for about 23 of 24 months just a couple of weeks when she stayed overseas a little longer with family.

thanks for clearing this up..