Chef.

pob

What are the chances of finding sponsorship as a chef from England?

I have not worked as a chef for two years as I took some time off to care for a sick relative.

My wife and I are looking to move to Australia for a better quality of life, we do not have dreams of swimming pools or houses by the beach. More just sunshine and the time that we have, being quality time together.

I spent a year in Sydney in my twenties working as a chef and really enjoyed it. My wife has travelled there as well and loves the country.

I cannot get a visa as my work experiance is not recent. I am 37 years of age and a very good chef. My wife works in IT and her job is not on the wanted skills list, but she would find a job really easy as we see lots advertised for her.

So I am wondering if anyone on here is willing to sponsor a hard working chef? Maybe somebody owns a restaurant or a bar and is looking for somebody they can rely on to be in their kitchen?

I'm not afraid of hard work and can supply you with my CV and references if you are interested.

I have worked in all different kinds of places from pubs to three rosette restaurants and I am looking for a place where I can put in a hard days work with a good and honest employer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Pob, is it possible your wife could also try for sponsorship opportunities?

I think the best thing to do is contact companies direct and see if they can help. Good luck.

• 2 years later...