You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest woj

Finish work 4 weeks on fri and theyre gonna give me....

Guest woj

.....a warning. unbelievable eh!

Guest guest36187

Uh oh.....why?

Guest KP Nuts

What you done, Mathew?

Guest woj

went on holiday.

Asked in october last year for holiday book 3 times, never came out, told them i booked my holiday to france in july so everything should be fine. Hol book comes out in Jan and I'm on call for the week I've booked. I was going to get swaps, but one of the fellas I work with went on hol on his call week and didnt get swaps, it was offered as overtime. So whats good for the goose is good for the Gander I thought. Got taken upto HR a week gone friday, the day before i went on hol. Got told i'd either be docked pay or given a warning. come back today, no one else is in and the guy who should be on call is sick with pneumonia. They aske me to work the call all week. Whats happening with my warning I asked? well if you work the call for no extra pay then all charges are dropped. If you don't work it, you'll get your warning.

So needless to say, am getting a warning!

Mental!

Guest AberdeenAngus

Tell them you want to appeal. Should take a couple of months to arrange :biggrin:

hey sound like they are taking the pi** big style. You cant do one thing for one and not another. Def appeal, don't roll over. You don't want a warning going on your record now.

Good luck

Guest woj

Ah well, it came today. I've got a second stage warning, they told me they wanted to give me a 3rd stage (final!!!) but because of my past performance/great sickness record and overtime i've worked to help the company out they "only" gave me a second stage.

Couldn't really care tbh seeing as I'm out of here 2 weeks tomorrow, its just the principal of it. So I am going to appeal, it'll get threw out tho!

Guest jmahood

This is actually quite funny. I take it that they invited you to attend an investigation meeting with a witness, then they had a meeting with you outlining their grievance and then they wrote to you giving you a warning - what is that verbal, first written, second written, final written. Why they would even bother now that you're leaving? Clearly their HR must be bored! I'd appeal just for a laugh.

I got a verbal warning today, for being the last in first out all the time? Like seriously, I get my **** down and out on time, unlike some who'd prefer to waste their day away chatting, gossiping and going out for "coffee breaks".. so they stayed on longer, duh. Some even come in at 10am and stayed till late by reading news. I'm appalled.. Maybe... I don't know. I'm pretty upset about it. Plus I left 30 mins earlier yesterday as my partner came and pick me up without notice, but they leave wayyy earlier, usually on Fridays and drink themselves silly too.

Oh well...

309/100 - Submitted and CO assigned 29/11/2010. More info given on 3/12/2010. Medicals requested on 16/12/2010. Went for medicals on 20/12/2010. Granted 30/3/2011. Arrived in Melbourne on May 2011. Second stage submitted end of Oct 2012, PR granted 12/02/2013!

Some employers can be so stupid! Sounds like it's a good thing you're leaving!

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018.