bridging visa

Guest stacie

Guest stacie

me and my partner are applying for a parnter visa the first week in september, i am currently on a working holiday visa and my partner is a perment resident.

My work visa expires on the 17th of september will i automatically go onto a bridging visa as i know with the current processing times it will got have been granted by then.

We cant apply any early than September or we wont meet the 12 month living together requirement

thanks in advancex

Yeah you should go onto a bridging visa A once your WHV expires. This gives you the right to stay in the country and work (but with a 6 month per employer restriction), but not to leave and re-enter the country; for that you need to apply for a bridging visa B. Enjoy!

Ok thanku, so will I have to apply for the bridging visa A or will that just be automatic when my Whv expires. Thankux

As long as you have applied for your 820 defacto visa before your WHV expires your bridging visa will be automatic and this will then be ineffect until your 820 is issued. Keep in mind that your bridging visa will have the same conditions as your WHV but you cannot leave the country on your standard bridging visa.

Guest stacie

ok thanku, with my job at the moment my 6months is up on the 14thsept, and i should go onto a bridgeing visa on the 17th, will i be able to go back to my job for a further 6 months, just like you can work for 6months in one place on your first working holiday visa, and then you can work at the same place for another 6months on your second year working holiday visa

once you have applied for the 820 visa, and are still on the WHV, you can apply to have the 6month restriction lifted, in order to continue working in your job. I think you're supposed to do this before your WHV expires, so I would hand it in when you apply for the 820.

there is a link to the form at the end of this webpage http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/obligations.htm

You have to wait until you get permission to work beyond the 6month limitation, and you're supposed to apply 2weeks before your 6months is up. becuase your timeline is tight, I would suggest talking to a MARA register migration agent for advice. You'd also need to make sure that the lifting of the 6months also applies to your bridging visa.

Guest Tjw25
ok thanku, with my job at the moment my 6months is up on the 14thsept, and i should go onto a bridgeing visa on the 17th, will i be able to go back to my job for a further 6 months, just like you can work for 6months in one place on your first working holiday visa, and then you can work at the same place for another 6months on your second year working holiday visa

Hi Stacie,

When i handed in my visa application the man told me that once my bridging visa commences i would be allowed to return to work for an employer i had previously worked with on my WHV. Hope this helps!!

:biggrin: