885 GSM VISA - Case officer appointed

Guest deepakramanath

Guest deepakramanath

Dear Friends,

I applied for 885 GSM via paper based on the 29th of April 2011 and on 30th of June, I received an email from the case officer to undergo medicals only for my wife (since she was pregnant at the time of application). In addition, I was asked to provide birth certificate and Passport of our new born and to get the VISA medicals. Have completed all these and sent it to the case office, except Passport as I am awaiting for it.

Any idea how long the case officer might take to finalise the application.

Thanks

Dear Friends,

I applied for 885 GSM via paper based on the 29th of April 2011 and on 30th of June, I received an email from the case officer to undergo medicals only for my wife (since she was pregnant at the time of application). In addition, I was asked to provide birth certificate and Passport of our new born and to get the VISA medicals. Have completed all these and sent it to the case office, except Passport as I am awaiting for it.

Any idea how long the case officer might take to finalise the application.

Thanks

What is ur occupation? Is ur occupation on new SOL?

Guest deepakramanath
What is ur occupation? Is ur occupation on new SOL?

Yes, my occupation is Chemical engineer and its present in the old SOL and also in the new SOL

Thanks

Guest myhillg

Hi Deepakramanath,

I am in a very similar situation to you, and will be applying as a Chemical Engineer (Engineering Technologist) on an 885 in November.

It would be great if you can let us know how your application progresses, good luck!

Guest deepakramanath
Hi Deepakramanath,

I am in a very similar situation to you, and will be applying as a Chemical Engineer (Engineering Technologist) on an 885 in November.

It would be great if you can let us know how your application progresses, good luck!

Hi Myhillg,

Sure, I will. But I am curious to know why you would be applying as Engineering Technologist? I have applied as Professional Engineer.

Guest myhillg
Hi Myhillg,

Sure, I will. But I am curious to know why you would be applying as Engineering Technologist? I have applied as Professional Engineer.

When I sent my UK qualification to Engineers Australia (3years honors degree in Chem Eng) they sent it back with the assessment of Engineering Technologist.

I would rather apply as professional engineer, as its looks better on the application, but as this is what Engineers Australia have classified me I dont think I have much choice.

Cheers,

Greg

• 8 months later...
Guest deepakramanath

Hi Myhillg,

Sorry for my late reply to this post. Hope by now you are a receipent of Permanent Residency. I happened to get mine in August 2011.

• 4 months later...

Hi all

I applied for my 885 visa in March 2008 ( I know! Such a long wait, right?). Got a Case Officer on 31 January 2012. Had to resubmit all my documents again, coz my IELTS, Kenyan PCC and AFP certificate and medicals were all outdated (had submitted them between 2008 and January 2009). Now waiting for my medicals to be finalised, 39 days and counting, and then wait for a pre-grant letter requesting me to return to Australia for a final decision (I went offshore in May 2011). Has anyone else been through a similar situation? How much time were you given to return to Australia? And how long after your medicals were finalised did you get the pre-grant letter?

Thanks