Gasfitter not on NOMINATED OCCUPATIONS for VETASSESS ASSESSMENT

Guest dawnieb

Guest dawnieb

My husband is a plumber/gasfitter and is just starting out the process for 175. I've seen on other threads that its easier to go down the 'gasfitter' route as its quicker and cheaper than doing the 'plumber' route. I've just noticed on the Vetassess website that gasfitter isnt listed as the nominated occupation list and when Ive gone onto the Australia.immi website the gasfitter and plumber are under the same number on the SOL. All v.confusing. It looks as though you cannot apply for gasfitter it has to be plumber. Correct me if Im wrong??

Gas fitters are assessed by TRA but you need to have completed a full apprenticeship, plumbers with some elements of gas fitting are assessed by vetasses with a paper based and practical assessment. My husband who is a gas fitter was rejected by TRA but passes his plumbing assessment with vetasses. You also get a provisional plumbing license if you pass with vetasses

Guest dawnieb
Gas fitters are assessed by TRA but you need to have completed a full apprenticeship, plumbers with some elements of gas fitting are assessed by vetasses with a paper based and practical assessment. My husband who is a gas fitter was rejected by TRA but passes his plumbing assessment with vetasses. You also get a provisional plumbing license if you pass with vetasses

Thanks for the advice!