Tarneit to be largest suburb

Petals

I read yesterday that they expect Tarneit to be the largest suburb in Melbourne by 2030 and that most of the expansion will be in that area and to the northern suburbs.

Clyde is the only place the mentioned in the South as going to become developed and a large area for housing.

Stands to reason really cannot keep extending out without going up north.

We could get Tracey123 (Geoffrey) to direct the traffic out there Petals, LOL:laugh: I saw in the Age yesterday that the new estate out of Geelong called Warralily is going to go gang busters as well. Affordable land and putting infrastructure out there. Will suit some I would imagine. Hey Petals I went to the Tyabb Antiques Market the other day and waved at you when I drove through Somerville, hope u waved back, LOL:hug:

We could get Tracey123 (Geoffrey) to direct the traffic out there Petals, LOL:laugh: I saw in the Age yesterday that the new estate out of Geelong called Warralily is going to go gang busters as well. Affordable land and putting infrastructure out there. Will suit some I would imagine. Hey Petals I went to the Tyabb Antiques Market the other day and waved at you when I drove through Somerville, hope u waved back, LOL:hug:

Waved Olly have not been there for yonks must get down there and have a look around. Did you stop at the one next to the airport, they have some interesting things in there. We went there a few weeks ago. Great stuff for anyone wanting old stuff for their house.

Yep Geoff will have lots of people joining him in Tarneit, the good thing I guess is they will get more services etc and if its more affordable that is also good.

I wouldnt join Geoff in Tarneit!! Lived there for 15 months and hated it. Is just a huge housing estate with a few skanky shops.

Its going to get even bigger now and perhaps they will put a lot more shops etc now, you may have to return :laugh:

Gee Aj....................

Where did you live? In a paddock?

(Not aimed at you AJ)

I read lots of bad things about Tarneit, things like no parks or footpaths, no shops no transport etc.....

Why on earth do people move to an area, that doesn't have the services they require? Tarneit has loads of houses for rent so why settle for something that doesn't fit your needs?

Myself I have kids so a park and school were the main 2. Our park has 2 tennis courts, basket ball court, oval, free bbq's and play ground, all free.

We live close to the local supermarket, corner shop, bus route, kinder and school.

Know what you want before you sign a lease, It isn't rocket sience.....

Olly someone needs to sort out the traffic, all these new houses and they are using old farm roads..... :wacko:

Hi all

As we all know Tarneit is an up and coming area and will take a couple of years to be completed. I think that most places are housing estates ie Point Cook, Williams Landing, Trugania,Whyndam Vale and including Sanctury Lakes. They are all the same, just some areas suit different people. As this area is up and coming, houses always have to be there before the shops so that it is worthwhile to build them.

We didn't choose Tarneit on our arrival for the simple reason we didnt have a car, we had to find somewhere that was close to our daughters school(walking distance), close to the shops and also close enough for myself to cycle to work.

We all have to do our reaserch and try and tick all boxes for our personal requirements:wink:

Our lease is up soon and we will be looking at the Tarneit area again as a car purchase is not to far away :cool:

I know what you mean JGeoffrey, when I used to work out Werribee way and the west as a welfare worker, I remember it being lots of orchards etc in the late 80's. I agree people need to do their homework about where they live, Melbourne is so damn big in each direction that it may take some time to work out what is right for you.

There was also an article in the paper this morning about the northern suburbs, whether we like it or not the north and the west are certainly the best places to buy at the moment for future growth.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/home-renovators-cash-in-up-north/story-fn7x8me2-1226105136898

I know what you mean JGeoffrey, when I used to work out Werribee way and the west as a welfare worker, I remember it being lots of orchards etc in the late 80's. I agree people need to do their homework about where they live, Melbourne is so damn big in each direction that it may take some time to work out what is right for you.

There was also an article in the paper this morning about the northern suburbs, whether we like it or not the north and the west are certainly the best places to buy at the moment for future growth.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/home-renovators-cash-in-up-north/story-fn7x8me2-1226105136898

What does that mean........ :policeman:

Bloody suburb snob.... LMAO :biglaugh:

What does that mean........ :policeman:

Bloody suburb snob.... LMAO :biglaugh:

Nah, didn't mean it that way Geoff, meant that the city is just going further and further out whether we like it or not, ie. the green wedge etc being taken further out. In fact I was looking at a display home in the paper yesterday in the Allamanda estate out past Geelong. It was lovely, nearly signed up to become a Westie myself. LMFAO x 100 !!

• 3 weeks later...