workplace Stress, will it affect my medical

anlopa

Thanks for this sound advice, it is a large organisation and we do have an HR department but will they listen to me over this guy who they love cos he is the one that got the workers to agree to the crap pay deal and got us to accept a 42 hr a week rota that included Saturday night shifts, he is their little "yes man". The company are also not bothered with the bullying topic cos they have been all over the papers lately as the new management that have come in to the factory have turned it round and have done this using a style of management that encourages bullying. Managers have stand up rows on the factory floor in front of others. The other union on site have not agreed to their pay deal and have voted to strike. Bullying management tactics is one of the unions gripes.

So how far I get is unknown. I will prob end up getting sacked for causing an issue. Unfortunately for us we are paid a bloody good wage for the area and wouldn't get this money anywhere else, the logical thing to do would be cut the losses and move on, but when we have Aus on the brain we need to save every penny to give us the best start possible in Aus. Our new life.

Sorry to hear that the situation is this bad. I would be tempted to join the other union. They at least can be of some support to you. I know money is an issue but is your health worth a few £? If you apply for other jobs at least you are doing something constructive. Plus if you leave you could see if it were possible to take the company to court for constructive dismissal if this is a deliberate management style. The other union will be able to assist you in this too

Good luck :hug: