workplace Stress, will it affect my medical

anlopa

I have worked for the same company for nearly 4 years, and I am being bullied by one person. It all came to a head this week and I want to go off work with stress. If I do and I get a sick note will it affect me when I go for my medicals? I’m not depressed just stressed out, I have never had a day off sick since I worked there and I don’t want to go off now but I feel I can’t carry on either. It doesn’t help that the person doing this is the union rep, and the popular one, plus I work in a male environment and have no one to talk to or turn too. I feel stupid I have never had this before. It’s not sexual harassment just a constant pick, pick, pick. Don’t get me wrong we both can have a laugh and banter but it doesn’t end there.:sad: God I’m waffling

My question is will it affect my medicals if i go off sick and go to my doctors?:no:

(not sure if this post is in the right place so feel free to move)

Guest guest37336
I have worked for the same company for nearly 4 years, and I am being bullied by one person. It all came to a head this week and I want to go off work with stress. If I do and I get a sick note will it affect me when I go for my medicals? I’m not depressed just stressed out, I have never had a day off sick since I worked there and I don’t want to go off now but I feel I can’t carry on either. It doesn’t help that the person doing this is the union rep, and the popular one, plus I work in a male environment and have no one to talk to or turn too. I feel stupid I have never had this before. It’s not sexual harassment just a constant pick, pick, pick. Don’t get me wrong we both can have a laugh and banter but it doesn’t end there.:sad: God I’m waffling

My question is will it affect my medicals if i go off sick and go to my doctors?:no:

Hi Anlopa.

Firstly, no expert, so bare with me. But bullies have no place at all in modern life, just cowards is all, doesn't make your situation any easier I know, but had to have a little rant.:mad:

I don't think it will affect your application. Clinical depression when diagnosed 'may' affect the application, but in your case I think that is not the case at all.

The important thing is to get better, that is all important matey. As I said no expert, but I would imagine even with a doctors note your application will not be affected.

There are loads of others on here who are far more experince in such matters, but try not to worry too much and focus on getting better matey.

You will find as you well know loads on here who will offer a freindly ear, just holla is all.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Hi Anlopa.

Firstly, no expert, so bare with me. But bullies have no place at all in modern life, just cowards is all, doesn't make your situation any easier I know, but had to have a little rant.:mad:

I don't think it will affect your application. Clinical depression when diagnosed 'may' affect the application, but in your case I think that is not the case at all.

The important thing is to get better, that is all important matey. As I said no expert, but I would imagine even with a doctors note your application will not be affected.

There are loads of others on here who are far more experince in such matters, but try not to worry too much and focus on getting better matey.

You will find as you well know loads on here who will offer a freindly ear, just holla is all.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Thanks,

I needed a rant too.

Guest guest37336
Thanks,

I needed a rant too.

Go for your life matey, does us all good, bloody bullies are plain and simple cowards who think it big and clever to show off.:mad::wubclub:

Guest WilliamsUK

Hi Anlopa,

I was in a similar situation earlier this year and ended up leaving the company I'd been with for over 8 years. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around and one day the bullies will get what they deserve. Keep strong and try to remember when we're in Oz all the stress will be a distant memory.

Rachel

Hi Anlopa,

I was in a similar situation earlier this year and ended up leaving the company I'd been with for over 8 years. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around and one day the bullies will get what they deserve. Keep strong and try to remember when we're in Oz all the stress will be a distant memory.

Rachel

Thanks Rachel,

Thats bad, after 8 years of service as well. Hope you are happy now! What gives people the right to do that to you.

Guest guest37336

I was bullied to a certain degree at school, or rather was 'tried' to be bullied at school.

I have what might be called rather small, but sticky out ears, can't see it myself,:no::biglaugh:.

But I was VERY lucky in the fact that I had some truly GREAT mates who when needed would stick up for me,:notworthy:.

To be alone in this situation is o joke at all, its feels like a nightmare Anlopa. The worst thing you can do is keep it bottled up my friend.

As I said, rant on ere matey, even though a 'cyber' relationship you will be surprised just how much support there is for you my friend.

You will eventually come to the point in your life when it will be OK matey, I promise, but in the meantime, post away, you may find yourself laughing, crying and the like but at the very lest 'SHARE' your experiences.:yes:

Cheers Tony, (I still reckon my ears aren't that big. Though the last passport photograph I had taken the machine asked that I pinned them back as wouldn't fit in the shot.:cry:

Hi Anlopa,

Take a couple of sickies Fridays/Mondays to make some long weeks, get the BBQ out, Go and laze in the Sun with a bottle of wine and a few beers, apply your own treatment program.

As I tell my Wife everyday, she also has to put up with stress at work, you have "Min Dae" (Few Days) before you get you Visa, show the bully the finger, and go to OZ. Concentrate on your future and take the path of least resistance, these people will become the past and when you are in OZ one day you will wonder why you wasted so much energy on them.

Hi Anlopa,

Take a couple of sickies Fridays/Mondays to make some long weeks, get the BBQ out, Go and laze in the Sun with a bottle of wine and a few beers, apply your own treatment program.

As I tell my Wife everyday, she also has to put up with stress at work, you have "Min Dae" (Few Days) before you get you Visa, show the bully the finger, and go to OZ. Concentrate on your future and take the path of least resistance, these people will become the past and when you are in OZ one day you will wonder why you wasted so much energy on them.

I'm not due back in till Friday night shift, then have to do Sat and Sun night shift and their will only be us and 3 others in the factory so i'm not putting myself in the situation where he can have a go without anyone else around.:sad: God, I don't drink but tonight I am gonna get messy me thinks:err:

Guest guest37336

Many say that the old 'Karma' bus will catch up with them, and to an extent I agree.

But when that bus is slow in coming a smack in the mouth often helps, preferably when the aforementioned bully is hamming it up in front of his adoring crowd.

Nothing shuts a bully up like embarrassment, and missing a few teeth,:shocked::yes:.

This is not a recommended path, but one I have found in the past does have a rather 'cathartic' essence about it.:cool:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Many say that the old 'Karma' bus will catch up with them, and to an extent I agree.

But when that bus is slow in coming a thump in the mouth often helps, preferably when the aforementioned bully is hamming it up in front of his adoring crowd.

Nothing shuts a bully up like embarrassment, and missing a few teeth,:shocked::yes:.

This is not a recommended path, but one I have found in the past does have a rather 'cathartic' essence about it.:cool:

Honestly Tony, although smacking him in the mouth will be extremely satisfying, an arrest record and broken limbs, if he is bigger, will not help with your journey to OZ!

I would suggest taking a Pee in the coffee pot, that he drinks from. Please make sure its not in front of a security camera we do not want to see you on YOUTUBE!:biglaugh:

Guest guest37336
Honestly Tony, although smacking him in the mouth will be extremely satisfying, an arrest record and broken limbs, if he is bigger, will not help with your journey to OZ!

I would suggest taking a Pee in the coffee pot, that he drinks from. Please make sure its not in front of a security camera we do not want to see you on YOUTUBE!:biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::notworthy::notworthy:

I know Web, act before I speak half the time,:mad:

But love the idea of taking a pee in the coffee pot,:notworthy::notworthy:.

Well Thanks guys I have a large smile on ma face now,:jiggy: Thanks. People say you shouldn't let it get to you but you can only fill a pot to the top before it overflows. :chatterbox:You have melted a hole in the bottom of my pot now and it has started to drain away. (sounds kind of painfull and wrong:goofy:):hug::hug::hug::hug:

Guest guest37336

Hi Anlopa.

Sorry for my previous post, but bullies are beneath contempt to me, but shouldn't have said what I did.

I did once apply for the vacant UN position of Peace Envoy,:eek: but fell at the first hurdle some smart arse asked me,

'Now, those ears of yours.............':mad:

No but in all honesty matey, look after yourself and have a rant whenever you want. :yes:

Cheers Tony. :wubclub:

Hi Anlopa.

Sorry for my previous post, but bullies are beneath contempt to me, but shouldn't have said what I did.

I did once apply for the vacant UN position of Peace Envoy,:eek: but fell at the first hurdle some smart arse asked me,

'Now, those ears of yours.............':mad:

No but in all honesty matey, look after yourself and have a rant whenever you want. :yes:

Cheers Tony. :wubclub:

No need to be sorry, I have had a fab few hours and I thought your comment was fab, no harm in thinking anything (i was gonna reply with if I did smack him in the mouth I would send him a bill for the cosmetic surgery that I had just preformed) :goofy:

My son has sticky out ears and he gets stick for it but thats cos he is twice as good lookin as the people that are calling him.( He turned 9 on Tuesday) last time some one called him big ears he said "I heard what you was gonna say mins before you said it, do ya wanna know what I think of you. Sorry your little ears can't hear what i'm thinking) I was sat with an other mum and we both nearly fell on the floor. my heart stopped with pride at the come back. said child has not had an issue with the size of my boys ears since.:cute::biggrin::wink:

Guest guest37336
No need to be sorry, I have had a fab few hours and I thought your comment was fab, no harm in thinking anything (i was gonna reply with if I did smack him in the mouth I would send him a bill for the cosmetic surgery that I had just preformed) :goofy:

My son has sticky out ears and he gets stick for it but thats cos he is twice as good lookin as the people that are calling him.( He turned 9 on Tuesday) last time some one called him big ears he said "I heard what you was gonna say mins before you said it, do ya wanna know what I think of you. Sorry your little ears can't hear what i'm thinking) I was sat with an other mum and we both nearly fell on the floor. my heart stopped with pride at the come back. said child has not had an issue with the size of my boys ears since.:cute::biggrin::wink:

Good man your young fella matey,:notworthy:

Tell him that they are to be proud of, not everyone has them,:tongue:

And if he ever grows his hair as long as mine they make fine 'Tie Backs' for the locks,:idea:

:wubclub:

Good man your young fella matey,:notworthy:

Tell him that they are to be proud of, not everyone has them,:tongue:

And if he ever grows his hair as long as mine they make fine 'Tie Backs' for the locks,:idea:

:wubclub:

LOL I'll let him know.

Where in Heartfordshire are you we used to live in Arlesey on the Hearts/Beds boarder my other half is from Hitchin. I lived their for 5 years before moving back to Preston.

Guest guest37336
LOL I'll let him know.

Where in Heartfordshire are you we used to live in Arlesey on the Hearts/Beds boarder my other half is from Hitchin. I lived their for 5 years before moving back to Preston.

Hertford at the moment matey, know Hitchin fairly well, soon to be OZ again though,:yes:.

Hi

Horrible situation for you to be in. About 8 months before our medicals I was bring bullied by my boss. I got signed off for stress and placed on anxiety medication because I was such a wreck. Luckily being off work gave me the space to look for a new job which I got in a matter of a couple of weeks so I got the doc to sign me off for the length of my notice period and told my old company to stick it (as well as dropping the ***** well and truely in it with the HR department).

The medicals consisted of blood tests, urine tests and x-rays. I believe the urine tests only look for diabetes. I had no problems with the Meds I took at the time so you should be fine if you leave work on stress.

Good luck, pm me if you need to chat at any time x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

What a horrible situation :wubclub:

I assume from what you have said that this is a big organisation?

I therefore assume the organisation has a HR dept? If I were in your shoes I would call the HR dept on Monday. Tell them you have been signed off from work due to stress from being bullied. Tell them you would like to return to work asap and would like to discuss with them how this can be handled. While you are signed off go in to see them with a friend / your partner for support. Explain that the person doing this is the union rep and you have been too scared to report him before this. Say you would prefer it to be dealt with discretely, the ideal solution being this person is transferred to another dept or your shifts never coincide. Any organisation worth it's salt doesn't want people off sick and it doesn't want to go public with bullying issues. So by offering to sort things out behind closed doors you are doing them a favour

If this doesn't get results, go to the union. This guy is a small cog in a big wheel. The union does not want to be brought into disrepute either. You don't need to speak to this rep, just call the union hq and ask how you can report a delicate matter concerning one of their reps.

Do not let this person win!:hug:

Hi

Horrible situation for you to be in. About 8 months before our medicals I was bring bullied by my boss. I got signed off for stress and placed on anxiety medication because I was such a wreck. Luckily being off work gave me the space to look for a new job which I got in a matter of a couple of weeks so I got the doc to sign me off for the length of my notice period and told my old company to stick it (as well as dropping the ***** well and truely in it with the HR department).

The medicals consisted of blood tests, urine tests and x-rays. I believe the urine tests only look for diabetes. I had no problems with the Meds I took at the time so you should be fine if you leave work on stress.

Good luck, pm me if you need to chat at any time x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, that is good to know. I would hate for my chances of getting in to Aus be ruined by this idiot. I might just book an appointment at the docs for next week (if I can get one). I've never had time off sick and it is so hard, I know when it gets to next Friday I will wimp out and go it.

What a horrible situation :wubclub:

I assume from what you have said that this is a big organisation?

I therefore assume the organisation has a HR dept? If I were in your shoes I would call the HR dept on Monday. Tell them you have been signed off from work due to stress from being bullied. Tell them you would like to return to work asap and would like to discuss with them how this can be handled. While you are signed off go in to see them with a friend / your partner for support. Explain that the person doing this is the union rep and you have been too scared to report him before this. Say you would prefer it to be dealt with discretely, the ideal solution being this person is transferred to another dept or your shifts never coincide. Any organisation worth it's salt doesn't want people off sick and it doesn't want to go public with bullying issues. So by offering to sort things out behind closed doors you are doing them a favour

If this doesn't get results, go to the union. This guy is a small cog in a big wheel. The union does not want to be brought into disrepute either. You don't need to speak to this rep, just call the union hq and ask how you can report a delicate matter concerning one of their reps.

Do not let this person win!:hug:

Thanks for this sound advice, it is a large organisation and we do have an HR department but will they listen to me over this guy who they love cos he is the one that got the workers to agree to the crap pay deal and got us to accept a 42 hr a week rota that included Saturday night shifts, he is their little "yes man". The company are also not bothered with the bullying topic cos they have been all over the papers lately as the new management that have come in to the factory have turned it round and have done this using a style of management that encourages bullying. Managers have stand up rows on the factory floor in front of others. The other union on site have not agreed to their pay deal and have voted to strike. Bullying management tactics is one of the unions gripes.

So how far I get is unknown. I will prob end up getting sacked for causing an issue. Unfortunately for us we are paid a bloody good wage for the area and wouldn't get this money anywhere else, the logical thing to do would be cut the losses and move on, but when we have Aus on the brain we need to save every penny to give us the best start possible in Aus. Our new life.