You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Rachel Emma

Best Interior Paints to use, and can anyone recommend a good builder???

Guest Rachel Emma

Hi everyone.......

Its been a while since ive posted, so heres a quick re-coup......D weve been on the central coast NSW for just over three months now and loving it, so ok, the rain is horrible :eek: but we can all live with a little rain.....Family of four in rented accomadation for six months but have just bought our first home here *Yay* Needs alot of TLC as previous owners were dedicated smokers :confused:....Any advice from anyone along the central coast area in regards to any fabulous,trustworthy builders would be very much appreciated as we want to do some alterations but do *Not* want to employ a cowboy from hell .... and as the title say's.....what paint did you use to decorate inside your dwellings? what about branding? I have heard Bunnings do a fab range, and will be looking at there ranges, but much like a child in a sweet shop, I will possibly want every tin on the shelf.:goofy:......Hubby is already sweating profusely at the mere thought of letting me loose :D And.......Kitchens??? Bunnings? Harvey Norman? Im keen to haggle......It doesnt bother me one bit....but.....has anyone bought any kitchens from either places and loved them? Or hated them?

If anyone can throw some idea's my way in regards to suppliers/builders which will help the local community Id be forever grateful......

Many Thanks

Rachel

The paint you can use will be dependant on what they're had on there previously; you can enamel over acrylic but not the other way around. If in doubt take a scraping to a paint shop and get them to figure out what it is. If you have, or are planning on kids get an acrylic that you can wash; some are removed from walls by water (Taubmans endure is fairly child proof). As for your kitchen, Bunnings do a good range of cabinets BUT they're only in standard sizes. If you have odd sizes to accommodate you're better off with a proper cabinet maker.

We've used Dulux and Taubmanns paint - both seem fine. Bunnings have a wide range. On average, you'll pay $50-60 for 4L of paint.

Best Newcomer 2013-14.

Guest Rachel Emma

Thanks for your imput, I will ask the previous owners what they have used paint wise to gauge what to use now, saves chipping the walls.....:wink: and we popped down to bunnings today to have a look at the paints and yes they do a 15 L of Taubmanns for around $150 ish....Kitchens are not so hot at bunnings tho, so will be looking elsewhere......any idea's for kitchen places anyone??? round the central coast area which wont cost the actual earth :frown:

Kind Regards

Rachel

We use Haymes paints, they are great, especially their outside paints, they wear and wear and wear.

Bunnings do not stock them but they have a web site and it gives you the distributors.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink: