You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

samk6

Getting married after submitting VISA application - 475.

I submit my visa application(475-Family Sponsor) on FEB-2011. Still it is being process further.

If i get marry before my visa grant, will it be effected to my visa process?....

I suppose to apply spouse visa after the initial entry....

please help me. your reply will be really appreciated....

Thanks a lot

Samk6 :wubclub:

Applied FEB-2011- 475( Family Sponsor)>>>Received 18th Of March Letter>>>Medi Finalized MAY-2011>>>New Category 04(Old 03)>>>CO-SEP-2011>>Visa Granted-OCT-2011.

Guest rex123

Hi Sam,

Me too in the same situation. But i think if everything goes fine i will get my visa before October. I have already submitted my medicals and PCC as requested by my CO. My visa is 475 NSW Orana .

My Questions are,

Our 3+1 year period starts from the visa approval date or initial entry date?

I will get married after my visa only. So how soon we will get an temperory partner visa?

For your Question ,,,I believe you can add your wife name into your application if your visa is not granted.......

Rex

Hi Sam,

Me too in the same situation. But i think if everything goes fine i will get my visa before October. I have already submitted my medicals and PCC as requested by my CO. My visa is 475 NSW Orana .

My Questions are,

Our 3+1 year period starts from the visa approval date or initial entry date?

I will get married after my visa only. So how soon we will get an temperory partner visa?

For your Question ,,,I believe you can add your wife name into your application if your visa is not granted.......

Rex

thanx for the reply rex123.

As i know our 3+1 year period will start from initial entry. We can apply visa for spouse as soon after they grant the visa.

Ya that is true. But we have redo so many things again...medicals, PCC ect....

it may extend processing time as well(bcz of 2 applicants).

My Medi has already finalized. So i am waiting for CO..... :idea:

Thanks

Samk6

Applied FEB-2011- 475( Family Sponsor)>>>Received 18th Of March Letter>>>Medi Finalized MAY-2011>>>New Category 04(Old 03)>>>CO-SEP-2011>>Visa Granted-OCT-2011.

thanx for the reply rex123.

As i know our 3+1 year period will start from initial entry. We can apply visa for spouse as soon after they grant the visa.

Ya that is true. But we have redo so many things again...medicals, PCC ect....

it may extend processing time as well(bcz of 2 applicants).

My Medi has already finalized. So i am waiting for CO..... :idea:

Thanks

Samk6

No you cant because the 475 is a provisional visa. You cant sponsor a spouse until you are PR or Citizen.

You can add them your current application before it is granted.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

No you cant because the 475 is a provisional visa. You cant sponsor a spouse until you are PR or Citizen.

You can add them your current application before it is granted.

Thanx shel,

But My Agent told that it will not be a problem and can add spouse once grant the 475 provisional visa.

have they mention anything regrading this in the DIAC website?...

thanks

Samk6

I think that i can add my spouse after grant the Provisional 475 visa. DIAC has mentioned it on their web site.

"If you currently hold a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 475), you may add the following secondary applicants after your visa has been granted:

your partner

a dependent child of you or your partner

a dependent relative of you or your partner.

They must apply using the paper Form 1276.

There is currently no online facility for adding family members after a visa has been granted.

You will need to provide evidence of your relationship to your family members.

"

but we have to pay application fee again......

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/adding-family-members.htm

You can add a spouse before grant for free I think. If you add them after, which is possible on a 475 I think you have to pay full fee again for them.

Why wait? only thing will be additional police checks and meds plus proof of english if required. All that will be needed eventually. It should not slow the process much if at all.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/adding-family-members.htm

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

You can add a spouse before grant for free I think. If you add them after, which is possible on a 475 I think you have to pay full fee again for them.

Why wait? only thing will be additional police checks and meds plus proof of english if required. All that will be needed eventually. It should not slow the process much if at all.

Thank you very much for reply rammygi.

Ya i agree with you. but i need to solve few personal problems.. So it will take some times.

BTW, Do u have any idea that will it be effected to my visa application, if i get marry before the initial entry.

thanks

Samk6:wubclub:

Your visa grant may well have the condition "must not marry before first entry" on it, but I am not sure. In general terms you should keep your CO informed of events and ask them for advice if unsure. You have already declared your fiancee so they may well ask when you intend to marry.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Your visa grant may well have the condition "must not marry before first entry" on it, but I am not sure. In general terms you should keep your CO informed of events and ask them for advice if unsure. You have already declared your fiancee so they may well ask when you intend to marry.

Thank you very much rammygirl. Don't know whether that condition( "must not marry before first entry") is applicable after grant the visa. Still i am waiting for CO. Can i get marry before assign a CO for my application?.

Your reply will be really appreciated.......

Thank

Samk6 :wubclub: