Guest Working to fish

Negatives about living in oz

Guest guest30085
Someone once said ................. that there were dead kangaroos all over the roads, not the odd one or two here and there, but loads of them ALL over ............ i never saw one, but i was only there for two months and we hardly saw any, mores the pity because we love them.

Youre upset because you didnt see any roadkill . . . ? :wideeyed::shocked:

:wubclub:

Guest sh7t man no way

positives about living in oz is that i got to find out about pio over there--and thus got to know the luverly addona:wubclub:

Guest guest30085
positives about living in oz is that i got to find out about pio over there--and thus got to know the luverly addona:wubclub:

You old smoothie . . . . :wubclub:

Someone once said ................. that there were dead kangaroos all over the roads, not the odd one or two here and there, but loads of them ALL over ............ i never saw one, but i was only there for two months and we hardly saw any, mores the pity because we love them.

Seen a good few dead roos in the rd mate tbh,was keepin me eye out all the time as there was loads near the rd in sa

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest sh7t man no way

You old smoothie . . . . :wubclub:
hows it going you sex godess of pio--im still a bit of a smoothie:wink:

Guest guest30085
hows it going you sex godess of pio--im still a bit of a smoothie:wink:

Nice to see you havent changed SM :wubclub::laugh: Im very well now that you are back with your abundance of charm :hug:

Guest MADTOM
Define "proper"? You mean you actually had 'proper" school meals in the UK? I thought they went out with Thatcher?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you...

Scheduled mealtimes where the children sit down on a chair at a table (like a restaurant) and are served a hot meal. My son has 10 minutes to eat his lunch outside! He has the choice of me giving him a packed lunch or going to the hole in the wall canteen for cold food like a sandwich or "hot" food like 5 chicken nuggets (no sides) in a brown paper bag.

Scheduled mealtimes where the children sit down on a chair at a table (like a restaurant) and are served a hot meal. My son has 10 minutes to eat his lunch outside! He has the choice of me giving him a packed lunch or going to the hole in the wall canteen for cold food like a sandwich or "hot" food like 5 chicken nuggets (no sides) in a brown paper bag.

That's one thing my son missed here - he gets bored with packed lunches and misses the hot school dinners they had in primary school. I have to say they did a brilliant job for less than 2 quid. The school canteen here does lunches twice a week, they have started putting lasagne, chilli etc., on the menu (along with the pizza, chicken nuggets and pies).

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest guest30038

Only 10 minutes? My kids got 45?

Having sat in on several PTA meetings in several schools, it seems the schools can't do right for doing wrong. Putting on "full meals" had some parents up in arms about either "junk food' or "it should be a small lunch not dinner".

It became deliberate policy not to offer a "meal" but to base the canteen/tuck shop on providing a "snack". The motive behind this was to shift responsibility to the parent as to what was provided for their child so that the school(s) could not be held responsible for healthy eating, or the lack of it.

The hot mid day also is another reason for large meals not being provided.............at least here in Qld.

I think there's a lot to be said for children sitting down to eat with each other - it enhances social skills

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I think there's a lot to be said for children sitting down to eat with each other - it enhances social skills

They can also teach children bad habbits!

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy:

They can also teach children bad habbits!

I guess it depends on which school they go to lol. I didn't have any problems with the one my children went to in the UK and they've both got pretty good social skills particularly when eating with others, which had a lot to do with their eating meals with a knife and fork at school in a good social environment.

I guess it depends on which school they go to lol. I didn't have any problems with the one my children went to in the UK and they've both got pretty good social skills particularly when eating with others, which had a lot to do with their eating meals with a knife and fork at school in a good social environment.

I don't need to worry with 5 at home LOL Even worse when their friends pop over just in time for tea :arghh:

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy: