Guest Working to fish

Negatives about living in oz

Guest guest30038
No proper school meals

Define "proper"? You mean you actually had 'proper" school meals in the UK? I thought they went out with Thatcher?

Only negative a can mine is that they didna mak a wet suit to fit ma Scots shape o body:cute:
C U Stevie,d'yae wear a kilt with yer wet suit?:wink:

The daft one that get's me is the big 4,5 and six litre engined gas guzzlers everywhere,when the speed limits hardly allow them to get out of second gear,and don't worry,coz if you exceed the limit,be sure it'll cost you dear,as plod and cameras are everywhere waiting for ya to booboo!:yes::wink:

- Its too cold in winter to use my pool,lol !

- Ants in summer

- the speed the grass grows in rainy season,

- it gets too 'nippy' in winter for some softies to camp out (cough cough)

- ants in summer

- sausages

- did i mention the ants in summer? lol

Cal x

Hi,

was wondering if there are any ants anywhere? LOL!!

:biglaugh::notworthy:

Arrived 10th August....loving it

Sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you make the decision right ~Dr Phil

Define "proper"? You mean you actually had 'proper" school meals in the UK? I thought they went out with Thatcher?

They are bringing them back - my kids get good school meals - but they are not cheap.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Guest Sir Les Patterson
The daft one that get's me is the big 4,5 and six litre engined gas guzzlers everywhere,

Well I have 2 cars (one for fun) but I wouldn't give up my 6 litre V8 for anything.....and I drive it because I can....mind you my fun car is only 3.6 litres :biggrin:

my aussie negative would have to be their chocolate *shudder*

Looks like like cadburys, but most certainly doesn't taste like cadburys.

As a positive, I managed to give up chocolate whilst I lived there....oh wait, I did replace that with beer though so maybe not such a positive...

Just get one custom made, they're not much more expensive than off the shelf, and significantly warmer and more comfortable.
:laugh:am nae a sumo you cheeky git:mad:am just comfy:cute:

Guest turboman

The Magpies (birds) are to big and attack!

Original Crocadile hunter is dead :(

Getting in your car that has leather interior after leaving the windows / roof down in the summer.

Mosquitos if your near a river.

Double de-merit points for speeding/no seat belt at kids holidays on open roads.

V8 rear wheel drive SS cars in the hands of women in the wet :)

No renault V6 clios.

No really good indian takeaways.

Cant moan without being called a winging POM although they are bitching aussies :)))

There cricket team is SH*T...

Thats it, great country and great people, heaven on earth. The Aussies make it what it is so we must respect that.

Guest Hatton

No negatives living in Oz for me, it is not the Country that gives you a good life it is............you.

:laugh:am nae a sumo you cheeky git:mad:am just comfy:cute:

Never said you were, but in my experience, off the shelf wetsuits seem to be "one size fits none", I got a perfectly fitting custom made 5mm for about $400, off the shelf equivalent was in the $300s. It's definitely worth that little bit extra to get one that actually fits properly.

There is one thing that has beeen really hard to get used to. When I'm driving the car, and I go to indicate every so often I turn the windscreen wipers on instead.

This is fine when I'm in on my own but when the OH's in you have to pretend you did it on purpose to avoid ridicule. lol.

Chris x

Tassie Rules OK

Guest guest37336
There is one thing that has beeen really hard to get used to. When I'm driving the car, and I go to indicate every so often I turn the windscreen wipers on instead.

This is fine when I'm in on my own but when the OH's in you have to pretend you did it on purpose to avoid ridicule. lol.

Chris x

Don't forget Chris, the minefield that is table tops and posh vases.:biglaugh::wubclub:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest Hatton

Chris x

:laugh: yes...and then you press on the screen wash to pretend you are clearing a bug or something on the screen....love it.

Guest siamsusie

Chris x

I found proceeding at the green stop lights turning right or left strange when you must give right of way to pedestrians who are walking across their road on automated pelican crossings.

Some guy was so angry with me he nearly pulled me off my motor bike:cry:

O'h no!! I'd forgotton all about the vases and the coffee table, and all those wasted dollars.

I shall have to have another glass to get over it. lol

Chris x

Tassie Rules OK

Negatives?MMmm the only one that springs to mind might be that if you live in the burbs it can be a distance to the pub,if yer like a beer that is,but its not the end of the world,the cabs were pretty easy to get over there i found,other negs?maybe the time the footy(prem)games are shown but i can tape them or something,and i think those fangled satelite/cable boxes are there that i have here,so it allows you to set recordings,so all in all i cant really think of many negs yet.........hopefully be the same if we ever get there:rolleyes:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Negatives?MMmm the only one that springs to mind might be that if you live in the burbs it can be a distance to the pub,if yer like a beer that is,but its not the end of the world,the cabs were pretty easy to get over there i found,other negs?maybe the time the footy(prem)games are shown but i can tape them or something,and i think those fangled satelite/cable boxes are there that i have here,so it allows you to set recordings,so all in all i cant really think of many negs yet.........hopefully be the same if we ever get there:rolleyes:

You'll be happy to know that Liverpool have their own hour every week on chanel 1 :realmad:

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy:

I found proceeding at the green stop lights

And this is one of the many reasons why woman shouldn't drive!!!!! Green means go, red means stop!!!! :biglaugh:

Some guy was so angry with me he nearly pulled me off my motor bike:cry:

I can understand why, stopping on a green light :wacko::wink::biglaugh::wideeyed:

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy:

Wine is more expensive (certainly here in WA) .. also speciality beers are about $9 a bottle when I used to get the OH 3 for about 7 quid at Asda. Having said that it hasn't stopped me drinking wine or OH drinking beer ... so we've probably adapted to our new country lol

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

You'll be happy to know that Liverpool have their own hour every week on chanel 1 :realmad:

Nice one Geoff!:wink:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Nice one Geoff!:wink:

Don't thank me, If it was up to me, it would be the Blackburn hour :biglaugh:

Arsenal and Liverpool show their games every week, free to air. It seems to be paying off as there looks to be more people walking around in those shirts, more than any other team! Not that long ago it was all MUFC.

Kind Regards

Don't thank me, If it was up to me, it would be the Blackburn hour :biglaugh:

Arsenal and Liverpool show their games every week, free to air. It seems to be paying off as there looks to be more people walking around in those shirts, more than any other team! Not that long ago it was all MUFC.

NOT winding yer up BUT i'd be seriously worried if i was a rovers supporter this season,that venkys group look well iffy!

Double de-merit points for speeding/no seat belt at kids holidays on open roads.

Thinking of putting this in the positives about Australia thread. A great policy.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Someone once said ................. that there were dead kangaroos all over the roads, not the odd one or two here and there, but loads of them ALL over ............ i never saw one, but i was only there for two months and we hardly saw any, mores the pity because we love them.