Defacto 820 timeline - please share ...

lucylou1

Anyone received approval for an onshore Defacto 820 recently...Can you share your timeline please.

Sumitted frontloaded application 24 January 2011 in Brisbane. Still waiting to hear, DIAC said 6 - 9 months but would like to know how everyone elses' applications are progressing.

Maybe I just want some light at the end of the tunnel......

:goofy:

Guest PommieLou

Hi LucyLou1

I was granted my 820 Partner Visa on 3 February 2011 (YAY!!!) and I think it took about 4 months in total? We got married (I'm British, husband is an Aussie) out here in August 2010 and after supplying the last few bits of supporting evidence in mid January (everything else had been lodged and assessed by that point) we got the decision letter through a lot quicker than we thought we would. It may have helped that my husband is an ex-SAPOL officer (Police) and therefore had Police clearance and I used to work for the Police in the UK and had my Police certificate issued prior to leaving the UK.

I flew to DIAC in Adelaide (I'm in SA) to personally hand deliver all our evidence so it couldn't get lost/delayed in the post. Plus we had so much evidence it was cheaper to fly than post it all! LOL! We didn't need to have an interview as we had so much supporting evidence and proof of our relationship. They actually asked us not to supply any more! LOL!

I'm guessing it could take a bit longer in Brisbane as there are a lot more ex-Pats there and a lot more people applying for the 820 visa. We were told that DIAC in Adelaide can usually process things a bit quicker than others because of the above. I was in regular email contact with my case manager and she was fantastic - she kept me informed throughout the entire process and has been more than happy to answer any questions I have had since being granted the 820 too. I may have been lucky and just got a really good case manager!

I hope you get a response soon. I know how stressful it can be but just try to enjoy life and be positive. I found emailing my case manager was a lot easier than phoning DIAC. Plus, it gives you a record of any communication between the two of you.

I hope that gives you a bit of hope? Good luck!

Lou x

Guest PommieLou
Hiya PommieLou, thanks for your message. Its nice to hear that DIAC are doing something. Fingers crossed that my OH gets his 820 visa approved soon. Here we were thinking Brisbane would be better to lodge the visa...oh well!!

Hi LucyLou1

No worries :wink: I really hope you get some good news soon. I know what it's like to wait for that email/letter... :arghh:

Give emailing them a go - I made it clear I would keep in touch with them until a decision was made and it seemed to work! :wink: They probably just wanted me to bugger off and leave them in peace! LOL! It is bizarre how things work so differently from one state to another out here.

Good luck with everything. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :biggrin:

Lou x