RVN

sold UK house-how to transfer funds

Hello,

I have hopefully (fingers crossed) just sold my house in the UK (subject to contract) and I wanted to get the heads up on transfering the money from the sale of this house over to my account here in oz, before it actually happens. How would I best be going about this please??

thank you

RVN

Guest Guest31881

I would suggest you use a company like Moneycorp to do the transfer, there are several around and you can shop for the best deal, do not use a bank that would cost a fortune. Look for offers of free transfers with a good exchange rate.

Hi RVN

Firstly congratulations on selling the house. I am sure John will be along soon to advise you the best way. I am not sure if you have a NAB bank account but remember if you do they don't charge any fees from money being transferred using Moneycorp

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest dawnpepper

yes, we used Moneycorp and would recommend them.

thank you guys..appreciate your replies. x

Hi RVN, I also needed to transfer money, to my son who is out in OZ on WHV. Clicked on the link from PIO and i now will not have to pay any fees ever. Result I do think. They were really helpfull aswell which made it easier. Worth a go. They had better rates too. ps Great news about the house sale, I am dreading not being able to sell when the time comes..

TRA 04/3/11. Pass 21/3. Practical 11/4. Pass 3/5. SS 03/05. SS Grant 20/5. Visa Lodged 21/5. CO 16/06. PCC 25/06.Meds 29/07. VISA GRANTED 4/08/11 :wink:.

Hello,

I have hopefully (fingers crossed) just sold my house in the UK (subject to contract) and I wanted to get the heads up on transfering the money from the sale of this house over to my account here in oz, before it actually happens. How would I best be going about this please??

thank you

RVN

Hi RVN

Please feel free to contact me via private message and I would be happy to discuss your situation in more detail.

Thanks

John

Once you have transfered your money, will it lie in peace in your Oz account or does the taxman want a bit too?