register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

LYNDAMUMFORD

Car hire & then purchase of one

Evening

We arrive in Melbourne mid August & looking to hire a car from the airport for about a week, maybe 2. Can anyone recommend a hire firm . Also we will be living Sunbury/Gisborne way, can anyone recommend a car sales lot, thanks

Visa 475 lodged 12th Feb 2010

VISA GRANTED 11.03.11

Guest TraceyG

Hello Lynda,

I've seen your name on Julie's facebook friend list. Have a look at http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au for the cheapest hire car deal. We've had a hire car loads of times and used different companies. It don't know if vroom vroom vroom charge you a fee for booking through them, but at least it will give you an idea about who's possibly the cheapest.

As for cars, there's a Holden (Vauxhall) garage and a Ford garage in Sunbury as well as a couple of other little independent ones. Julie went to somewhere in Preston I think so she might be able to point you in the right direction there.

No doubt I'll meet you at some point in the not too distant future!

Safe travels!

I always used to go with Budget rentals as they often worked out cheapest but i think all rentals cost mroe if you get them at the airport.

How large a car do you need, from the airport I can get one for $325 per week.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.