Return ticket to UK just incase 309 isn't issued in time??

Guest Megan123

Guest Megan123

Hi All,

We have just submitted 47sp and 40sp for OH's 309 visa. Thanks to the advise of the forum we have now got citizenship certificates for our 2 children and are awaiting their passports.

Question -

We have received quotes for one way flights to Perth, but are worried that my OH might not have his 309 visa issued by the time we arrive in Perth (end of November so might be tight)!

Could anyone advise us what we should do? Our concern being that immigration might not let him through without return ticket.

Many Thanks

Megan:biggrin:

It's sometimes just as cheap to get a return ticket and if you can leave it open ended then you should be fine. As tickets are always cheaper from UK to Aus it might not be a bad idea to all come on open ended returns, you never know when you might need them.

Guest GeorgeD

He'll need some sort of visa to enter the country, so get him a Tourist Visa at the very least.

Bear in mind that with the offshore 309 visa he needs to leave the country for it to be granted and then re-enter on it for it to be validated. It can't be granted while he's in Australia.

I think as long as he can show funds to support himself while in Australia and also buy a ticket to leave (as he needs to leave to be granted the 309 anyway) then it isn't a problem.

Guest Megan123

Thanks Quoll and George,

So do you think he will be allowed to enter Perth without a return ticket if he provides proof of the 309 visa application being processed?

Thanks

Megan

Guest siamsusie

Hi Megan,

It is a good idea for your husband's case officer to know your plans, so if there is a problem at your incoming port, Immigration can confirm your plans.

Susie x

Guest Megan123

Hi Again,

Must be going mad... thought I posted on this thread this morning but it's vanished?

We're still a little confused so thought I would try and get a definite answer on the following.. fingers crossed?

My children and I are about to book a one way ticket to Perth, my husband will purchase an open return (June 2012). But before we spend the funds we were hoping one of you might be able to offer us some guidance.

As mentioned above we are clear that if my OH hasn't been granted his 309 visa he will still fly to Perth with us, our concerns are -

1/ A holiday visa only lasts 3 months, so when they see the return is 8 months later this might cause confusion.

2/ Is he allowed to enter on a one way ticket if he has proof that an application is being processed for a 309 visa.

Sorry to keep going over the same question but I'm still a little unsure as to the best way forward.

Many Thanks

Megan

Guest Megan123

We are aware that the OH will need to fly out of Perth when the Visa is granted so will probably opt to fly to Barely..

Our concern is that even with proof of his visa being processed they will still not allow OH to enter Perth without a return or an onward journey.

He would be able to enter on a one way ticket on a tourist visa (the ETA would be fine), provided he has evidence that he has the funds to get a ticket to Bali when his visa is granted. A bank statement, and a quote for a return ticket from Perth to Bali should suffice. Also carry evidence that he's applied for the 309.

Immigration knows he has to leave the country to get his 309 visa, so he's not at risk of overstaying his tourist visa, since he'd be stupid to jeopardise the 309.

Hi Again,

Must be going mad... thought I posted on this thread this morning but it's vanished?

We're still a little confused so thought I would try and get a definite answer on the following.. fingers crossed?

My children and I are about to book a one way ticket to Perth, my husband will purchase an open return (June 2012). But before we spend the funds we were hoping one of you might be able to offer us some guidance.

As mentioned above we are clear that if my OH hasn't been granted his 309 visa he will still fly to Perth with us, our concerns are -

1/ A holiday visa only lasts 3 months, so when they see the return is 8 months later this might cause confusion.

2/ Is he allowed to enter on a one way ticket if he has proof that an application is being processed for a 309 visa.

Sorry to keep going over the same question but I'm still a little unsure as to the best way forward.

Many Thanks

Megan

I think the best way would be email your CO and ask what they would suggest. Then you will havelet them know your plans and they can advise which is the best visa / option for you all.