sponsorship

Guest Helaine

Does anyone know if you are sponsred by an Australian employer do you need to have your skills assessed ? same goes if a relative sponsors you....any advice please

We have a 457 visa (sponsored by employer for 4 years) and fly out on 3 October just checked with OH Adey and he didn't have to have his skills assessed, he just had to have all his qualifications certified by a solicitor before he could email them down to his new employer.

Good luck with the application

Dear Helaine,

For a 457 or an ENS (both work sponsored visas/permits) you don't strictly need to have a positive skills assessment, although in some cases, it helps.

For a skilled sponsored visa, you do need to have a positive skills assessment.

Regards,

Can anyone help us in our quest to get to oz plz! My husband has just completed a City and Guilds qualification in plumbing and it cost us £3,500. This was all our spare cash and now pathway Dis closed, I feel that there is no hope for us.

Adele, who's desperately seeking oz. x

Guest Kathryn

Dear Adele,

If you live in the UK, it will not be the TRA who is assessing your husband's skills, but VETASSESS. For this assessment, his skills are more important than his formal qualifications (although they always help).

The VETASSESS assesment is a two tiered system which requires that you pass a paper application and a practical exam.

This is good news for you as the exclusion of route D does not affect Plumbers (in the UK). However, the assessment process is more expensive and is likely to take much longer.

Best,

Kathryn

Guest Helaine

its all about me.........only kidding

Kathryn the reason w are going the sponsored route is that OH has no qualifications only 9 years work experiance so i needed to know would this effect our ENS ??

Thanks for the info, My husband got his C+G'S qualification in September this year. He started self employed plumbing 4 months ago. Before that he was a fish filleter which is not classed as skilled, although i'd like to see just anybody fillet a fish! God I just think there is no hope for us when I read about people with years of experience and TRA failure. Can you advise us of how to do this vetesse route and what costs are likely.

Thanks again,

Adele xx

Guest Helaine

Adele

If you go onto www.immi.gov.au all the info you will need re tra/vetassess the amount of experiance etc, they also have links to vetassess and other pages...hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks Helaine for the info. I will try that web address shortly. We've just sent for the application form for ielts. We think the vetessess route is the best way for us to get there. We're also hoping that pathway D gets reinstated soon.

I hope things happen for you and yours soon, gud luk xx

Guest Kathryn
Thanks Helaine for the info. I will try that web address shortly. We've just sent for the application form for ielts. We think the vetessess route is the best way for us to get there. We're also hoping that pathway D gets reinstated soon.

I hope things happen for you and yours soon, gud luk xx

Hi Adele,

Just a note - even if pathway D gets reinstated in some way, you will still have to go through VETASSESS, as they have taken over assessing plumbers. The TRA will no longer assess UK plumbers - even if they do allow for a new route D category.

The VETASSESS charges are about $2000 in total, unfortunately. As far as I know (this assessment process is still only a month old), applicants need to have at least 2 years experience. We, as a company, are still playing it safe and suggesting that applicants have at least 6 years. Qualifications are not necesarry (although always helpful) for a positive VETASSESS assessment.

Best,

Kathryn

Well I think thats it then. With only months of experience and only just qualified, what chance have we? I was told that regional sponsorship doesn't always require assesment. I think I need more research.

Thanks Kathryn xxx:cry:

Hi Keily,

Your such a great source of info and only happy to share it with everyone, thanks. This web site is full of positive, friendly and extremely helpful peeps. I will try that site now. I have found out loads so far and it's down to all of YOU.

THANKS GUYS XXXX

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Guest Kathryn

Hi Adele,

Just to clarify - even if you are sponsored by a state, you still need to have a positive skills assessment in order to qualify for skilled migration.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need more info.

Kathryn

Archived