anyone know greenslopes hospital

Guest nikkijohn

Guest nikkijohn

Hi guys, i have just had an interview for a job in coronary care at greenslopes hospital brisbane anybody know anything about the hospital. Me my husband and 3 year old are hoping to come out to brisbane end of year i have my registration will have to come out on a 457 they say they offer you a 2 year contract but you can apply for permanent residency after 18 months, anybody know anyone who has got this xx nikki:biggrin:

Guest guest30038

Why do you have to come out on a 457? You will miss out on rent rebate, family tax benefit and other help if you do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bacardi167

Yeah, i live right near the hospital and its a nice place. Big hospital....

You can come out like that and then apply for perm res as stated. very common.

i have 2 girls at my place doing the same as account managers.

Be careful about the PR thing. I worked at greenslopes and 1 of the other nurses on my ward had been promised PR assistance quite soon on, but when he had started the ball rolling and paid out a load of money, they turned around and said no you have to work with us for 2 years b4 we will support it. What they were finding was, a lot were applying and once they got PR, left the hospital. So they are getting more cautious. Which I suppose you can't blame them really.

Fortunately I have my PR, so didnt need to worry.

Good luck with your move. Cheers.