Guest Zeeshu

885 Skilled Independent Visa info req!

Guest Zeeshu

Hello,

I am basically from Pakistan and applied for Visa 885 in June 2010. It's been more than 13 months now and i'm still stuck at god forsaken "Internal Checks". Do you guys have any idea about when my application's going to be finalised? Also i went to Pakistan in August 2010 for almost 2 months and got married. I notified my case officer regarding the change of circumstances. My CO was also replaced with another one in April,11. I am on SOL, occupation Chemical Engineer (233111) and priority processing category 3. Please help me out!

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. CO replaced April,11. Stuck at Internal Checks :sad:

Guess is 8 months to 1 year!!! ( Although I am not a pakistani but my other friends have same internal checks and waiting since 1 year)

also ensure that ur partner gets a passport ASAP... the CO will ask your partner to undergo medicals and a police clearance from Pakistan even though he/she isn't part of your initial application.

Applied GSM 885 - 06/08/2009 (CAT 4) :: ACS Reassessment (Successful) :: Sent reassessment to DIAC - 02/06/2011 :: CAT 3 confirmation - 15/06/2011 (through PLE) :: CO Allocated - 05/07/2011 :: All docs submitted - 01/09/2011 :: Visa Grant 12/09/2011:jiggy:

Guest Zeeshu

also ensure that ur partner gets a passport ASAP... the CO will ask your partner to undergo medicals and a police clearance from Pakistan even though he/she isn't part of your initial application.

Really? Why would my CO contact my partner since i'm the primary applicant. in any case he didn't give any sort of the indication and it's already been more than one year. How long further should i expect my internal checks to be over?

Guest Zeeshu
Really? Why would my CO contact my partner since i'm the primary applicant. in any case he didn't give any sort of the indication and it's already been more than one year. How long further should i expect my internal checks to be over?

Any help? .......Any hope!

885 lodged 9th Jun10, Front loaded PCC and Meds, CO assigned July 2010, Form 80 submitted 21 July10. CO replaced April,11. Stuck at Internal Checks :sad:

yeah well that's one of the mysteries of DIAC, I applied back in August 2009. Got hitched a couple of months ago. I Finally got a CO on the 5th of this month and one of the things that clown has asked for is my wife's medicals + PCC even though she isn't part of my initial application ! :wacko:

Applied GSM 885 - 06/08/2009 (CAT 4) :: ACS Reassessment (Successful) :: Sent reassessment to DIAC - 02/06/2011 :: CAT 3 confirmation - 15/06/2011 (through PLE) :: CO Allocated - 05/07/2011 :: All docs submitted - 01/09/2011 :: Visa Grant 12/09/2011:jiggy:

Guest Zeeshu

Blimey! what took them so long to assign a CO to your application dude? hmmm it appears that they handle the applications on case to case basis. i dunno, it's so bloody confusing!

Guest ysaleem
Blimey! what took them so long to assign a CO to your application dude? hmmm it appears that they handle the applications on case to case basis. i dunno, it's so bloody confusing!

Hi there, Just curious to know if you already have got your 885 visa ?

Guest Zeeshu
Hi there, Just curious to know if you already have got your 885 visa ?

Yes, got it last year.