Points for Work Experience as per new scheme

jyotikhtr

Hi All,

I am a Computer Engineer (Bachelor of Technology) having 5 Years and 3 Months of work experience in the field of System Administration -- (ANZSCO Code 262113 - Systems Administrator)

I have a little confusion, how much points do I score for work experience, 5 or 10 ? :wideeyed:

Regards

Jyoti

I'd give the Immigration guys a call. The new system has been in for less than 3 weeks. It's unlikely that anyone on this forum would know the answer to those sort of questions. Most will have got their visa using the old system.

However you will be considered a guru going forward form here on the new points system, so get ready for lots of questions.

Hi All,

I am a Computer Engineer (Bachelor of Technology) having 5 Years and 3 Months of work experience in the field of System Administration -- (ANZSCO Code 262113 - Systems Administrator)

I have a little confusion, how much points do I score for work experience, 5 or 10 ? :wideeyed:

Regards

Jyoti

You would be eligible for 10 points.

Refer :- http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-fact.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi All / br4t,

I have one more doubt regarding points for Educational Qualification.

In this link, it is written that one gets 15 points if he has Bachelor degree (including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters)

I have completed a 4 year degree course, Bachelor of Technology (Computer Engineering) and secured First Division (6.73 CPI out of 10 which is equivalent to 65.88 %)

I do not have a bachelor degree with honours (which is if you secure more than 8.5 CPI out of 10 as per my college norms).

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jyoti Khatri

You don't need honours to get the 15 points for a bachelor degree.

All they're trying to explain when they say "Bachelor degree (including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters)" is that you don't get any additional points if you have honours or a Masters.