Sussex lass hoping to move to Oz

Guest HannaDM

Guest HannaDM

Evening folks. I've just stumbled across this forum whilst trying to figure out my next steps on project 'move to Oz' (see thread here).

I think no matter what happens this place is going to be invaluable so I'm really pleased to have found it!

I'm 30, live in Lewes near Brighton and work for a global IT firm as a Programme Director. I'm hoping to move to Oz in the near future but am having complications (doesn't everyone). No doubt I'll be posting a lot more over the next few months.

Guest MNicola

Hello Hannah,

I couldn't resist replying when I saw your from Lewes...I'm from Uckfield! I moved out here just under two weeks ago so if there is anything you need advice on just PM me.

Nicola

Guest janebalfe

Hi Hannah

Just got on this site myself. I lived in Aus for just over two years, during which I changed my visa twice, so moving jobs can be done once you get over there.

I live in Lewes too and thinking of moving out there again next August, for good!!! Such a scary prospect for me but my partner in Australian and he's just not happy in the UK. We have two children so the move is going to be massive and heartbreaking, starting all over again is a daunting task in your mid thirties!

We'll be in Sydney. If you need any advice or just a chat get in touch. That goes for anyone else out there in a similar situation to us.

Jane

Guest Ruyode2011

hi Hannah

We are new here too.i am interested in yo post coz you and my hubby are in the same career path. He is an IT systems architect but has plenty other experience in different fields and him too is stuck on finding IT people who want to make the move so we can share information so lets keep in touch. how far have you gone with the process to move?