rockola57

Sell by Date!Do you check?

Thing is,i soon noticed when i got here that it would be beneficial to my wellbeing to be observant regarding this issue!::shocked::wink:Anyone else noticed this anomaly here in OZ?:wideeyed:

Guest guest37336
Thing is,i soon noticed when i got here that it would be beneficial to my wellbeing to be observant regarding this issue!::shocked::wink:Anyone else noticed this anomaly here in OZ?:wideeyed:

Hi Rock.

Never been one for sell by dates within reason, most things I will, eat at least two or three days past, if it doesn't turn green, walk as I eat it, or isn't slimy I will give it a go mate,:goofy:

Having said that, when I worked in a Servo in Broome I did notice the Mrs Mac's pies had a use by date that was two years in advance, and this was only in the chiller cabinet, makes you wonder what the hell they put in them.:shocked:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest siamsusie
Elaborate please Susie!:confused:

Wrong thread, I thought I was on a pm pmsl sorry Rock

Hi Rock.

Never been one for sell by dates within reason, most things I will, eat at least two or three days past, if it doesn't turn green, walk as I eat it, or isn't slimy I will give it a go mate,:goofy:

Having said that, when I worked in a Servo in Broome I did notice the Mrs Mac's pies had a use by date that was two years in advance, and this was only in the chiller cabinet, makes you wonder what the hell they put in them.:shocked:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Geez Toh,now you got me looking even more carefully!Can't imagine what's in them Pies?Perhaps Mrs Mac also has a secret recipe for Eternal Youth!:yes:

Guest guest37336
Geez Toh,now you got me looking even more carefully!Can't imagine what's in them Pies?Perhaps Mrs Mac also has a secret recipe for Eternal Youth!:yes:

Seriously mate, I used to live of them, Steak and Cheese,:notworthy::notworthy:, even when I saw the sell by date didn't put me off.

Now if you'll excuse me Rock I have to wash my third nipple, must have been something I ate,:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Seriously mate, I used to live of them, Steak and Cheese,:notworthy::notworthy:, even when I saw the sell by date didn't put me off.

Now if you'll excuse me Rock I have to wash my third nipple, must have been something I ate,:biglaugh::biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::wink:Luv it Toh!

Guest guest37336

Funnily enough mate.

The old adage of meats etc, and especially pork, if not cooked thoroughly can cause problems, but was watching a doco recently and 'apparently' most pork can now be eaten RARE, because of the advances in preservatives and germ killers, I wouldn't take thier word for it and am still wary of pork.

But what also came to light Rock was that rice of all things can be the biggest contributor to food poisoning, if not refrigerated after cooking and eaten with a day or so. Apparently mate the rice kernel contains SO many little pits, nooks and crannies that is relatively easy for bacteria to get a foot in the door.

Worth thinking about mate when we decide to heat up that curry that is four days old in the fridge.:shocked::yes:

Cheers Tony.

best before isn't necessarily use by ... but ive been a bit more wary since living here :err::eek::no:

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Toh,i wont eat anything unless it's to eat there and then!Old Faceache often put's meals, leftover carry outs and all that in the Fridge,and can't understand why i won't eat it next day.:wacko:No way Jose!:nah:Cook it and eat it,end of.That's my motto!:wink:

cook it and freeze yourselves ... no problem .. curry's , pasta sauces , casseroles etc .. never rice :no: pre packed food .... hmmm the jury's still out :)

I find food here goes off so quick , def salads etc

to much partying to much booze gives you spots and makes you snooze!

sharon.

Guest guest37336
Toh,i wont eat anything unless it's to eat there and then!Old Faceache often put's meals, leftover carry outs and all that in the Fridge,and can't understand why i won't eat it next day.:wacko:No way Jose!:nah:Cook it and eat it,end of.That's my motto!:wink:

I know what you mean Rock, better safe than sorry, but I must admit I can't eat fresh cakes, sponges and the like. When I make them if I am luck they come out all fluffy, :arghh:.

Have to wait at least four days when they are stale and you need a pitch fork to get through them, nice bit of stale sponge with a cuppa, ahhh, the nectar of life Rock.:yes: