457 medicals referred and received

Stooly

I've been keeping up with everyone's experiences and thought it time I shared mine.

I'm travelling on a 457 as a secondary applicant, my partner is an academic who has been offered a job in Melbourne.

We lodged the application ourselves after the visa nomination was granted. In retrospect we should have applied earlier as I didn't realise until after it was lodged that you can submit the application before nomination has been granted!

Submitted all the documents at the time of lodging, paid the fee and waited. As a healthcare worker I knew that I would need a full medical, x ray and blood tests and arranged this just after submission. My OH who has a medical condition was requested to have a medical later.

Here's the time line so far:

Application submitted 29/05/11

Fee paid 29/05/11

Health requirements outstanding (person 2) 29/05/11

Medical examination required 29/05/11

Medical results received 23/06/11

X ray results received 23/06/11

Hep B, Hep C, HIV results received 28/06/11

Application processed further 14/06/07

Further information required 14/06/11

Health requirements outstanding (person 1) 14/07/11

Further medical results referred 14/07/11

Blood tests referred 14/07/11

The question I do have is what is the difference between my medicals results that are shown as received (submitted through ehealth) and my OH's who are shown as referred (sent by snail mail). Have mine been looked at yet or is that still to come?:realmad:

• 1 month later...
Guest zaaaaim

I have the same issue, can u please tell me from where did u get the receive and referred difference... i have been searching like crazy over the internet and found nothing. :(

• 2 years later...
Guest zaaaaim
Sorry for the long delay. :eek:

I cannot remember exactly where that information came from but probably from another forum somewhere!

hey its all cool now as I have been living in OZ for two years now