You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest darh479

Boilermaker/welder looking for 457 sponsorship - please help.

Guest darh479

Hi, I am a boilermaker/welder from the UK, 26 years of age and am currently here in Australia WA on a student visa for the last 6 months. I am currently between semesters on my TAFE course and so have been working full time as a Boilermaker/Welder in WA. I am having trouble finding this company to sponsor me as I am employed via an agency, and I also have to go back to TAFE next week. I am hoping to change to a 457 or another temporary visa ASAP in order for me to work full time in my trade. I am currently based in WA south of Perth and living with my parents and other family who are all permanent residents of Australia but I am willing to work anywhere in Australia if I can get sponsorship (VIC, QLD etc). I am hoping to eventually to become a PR. I also have had my skills assessed by TRA and my trade is on the SOL list as Metal Fabricator 322311. Any help would be absolutely great thanks.:jiggy:

Darh it maybe a long shot but give these a ring , workplace services , a good friend of mine works for them , they might be able to point you in the right direction......Employer of apprentices and trainees .....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest darh479

thanks a lot for reply, will try, thanks

The place my hubby works has quite a few of the guys sponsered on 457's.... might be worth giving them a shot. I will pm you the details....

Rachel, Martin, Abigail (15) & Cassie (9) - Granted PR176 2/12/10 Welder 1st Class. Arrived Secret Harbour, WA 21/1/11. Became Citizens 26/1/16

Hi my partner is a boilermaker looking for sponsorship just wondering if you had any look or could send me the details of any companys that were interested?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Vicky

anyone wanting 457 sponsorship then pm me as i maybe able to help via an agency dealing with it ,they want 6 welders/boilermakers.. i will pass on there details

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest turners gang

I have a client who is willing to sponsor Welders / Boiler makers they work with Rio Tinto in the Northern territories flights, accomodation ect all taken care of !

Let me know if you or anyone might be interested !!

Cheers

mark

Guest darlon

I would like to ask about the 457 skills assessment process through victoria university?

I'm a metal fabricator, I heard assessment was through skype, how long does it take?

is there anyone who can give me their precious advice?

Guest darlon

anyone who can shed light regarding my 457 assessment in victoria university, im a metal fabricator living in the philippines, what must i do to pass the assessment...

thanks so much,

dar

anyone who can shed light regarding my 457 assessment in victoria university, im a metal fabricator living in the philippines, what must i do to pass the assessment...

thanks so much,

dar

Hi Darlon,

I see nobody answered your question... I suggest you start a new thread and put a strong title of your new thread, for example "Metal fabricator - Victoria - assessment - help", something that will get noticed, so you have more chance to get an answer...

Good luck!

Kind greetings,

bma

Guest darlon
Hi Darlon,

I see nobody answered your question... I suggest you start a new thread and put a strong title of your new thread, for example "Metal fabricator - Victoria - assessment - help", something that will get noticed, so you have more chance to get an answer...

Good luck!

Kind greetings,

bma

thanks for the advice! bma, :wink:

hope a great time ahead of you....

Guest darlon

Metal fabricator assessment - Victoria University HELP!

Guest Benjam88

Hey tonyman I signed up to the forum on seeing your post. Im currently living in the uk and seeking a sponsorship as a welder. Im 23 years old with 7 years experience in pipe welding, any help would be great thanks.

Benjam.

I am a british welder with over 8 years experience, worked on ship repair, pressure vessels, now working in oil refinery plater/welder in southampton england. looking for work or sponsership in the sunshine coast . Any information would be helpful please. also waiting for TRA to get back to me so i start visa

Guest robc75

Hi mate give me a ring on 0405770771 I have work and visas available immediatley to start. My name is Rob... cheers.

Hi Mark

I have city and guilds in welding I can fabricate. I am in uk. Can you please tell me a bit more about about the job please. I thought you had to be in Oz before you got a look in fro jobs?

Thank you

Garry

Guest bolly

hi mark i have 2 year australian experience of welding ..looking for 457 visask.any possibility please rply me...........

thanks

\

Guest katie007

thanks so much,

dar

Cost $1,950 AUD and is the Vetassess/TRA as they farm out to VU now.

http://www.vu.edu.au/sites/default/files/TTI/SMAS/Fees%20Combined_Effective%201%20July%202012.pdf

Metal Fab info here:

http://www.vu.edu.au/sites/default/files/TTI/SMAS/P1_OSAP_APP%20FORM_METAL%20FABRICATOR_JULY%202012%28V1.0%29.pdf

Best of Luck to you.

Edited by katie007
typo plus added more info

Please message me to discuss how I can go about getting a sponsorship for welding, fabricating in Australia. I'm looking to love myswlf my two children and my girl there for work. Looking forward to hearing from you

Please message me to discuss how I can go about getting a sponsorship for welding, fabricating in Australia. I'm looking to love myswlf my two children and my girl there for work. Looking forward to hearing from you

I'm very interested! Please help me get in touch with him:smile: