Boilermaker/welder looking for 457 sponsorship - please help.

Guest darh479

Guest darh479

Hi, I am a boilermaker/welder from the UK, 26 years of age and am currently here in Australia WA on a student visa for the last 6 months. I am currently between semesters on my TAFE course and so have been working full time as a Boilermaker/Welder in WA. I am having trouble finding this company to sponsor me as I am employed via an agency, and I also have to go back to TAFE next week. I am hoping to change to a 457 or another temporary visa ASAP in order for me to work full time in my trade. I am currently based in WA south of Perth and living with my parents and other family who are all permanent residents of Australia but I am willing to work anywhere in Australia if I can get sponsorship (VIC, QLD etc). I am hoping to eventually to become a PR. I also have had my skills assessed by TRA and my trade is on the SOL list as Metal Fabricator 322311. Any help would be absolutely great thanks.:jiggy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest turners gang

I have a client who is willing to sponsor Welders / Boiler makers they work with Rio Tinto in the Northern territories flights, accomodation ect all taken care of !

Let me know if you or anyone might be interested !!

Cheers

mark

• 2 months later...

I would like to ask about the 457 skills assessment process through victoria university?

I'm a metal fabricator, I heard assessment was through skype, how long does it take?

is there anyone who can give me their precious advice?

anyone who can shed light regarding my 457 assessment in victoria university, im a metal fabricator living in the philippines, what must i do to pass the assessment...

thanks so much,

dar

anyone who can shed light regarding my 457 assessment in victoria university, im a metal fabricator living in the philippines, what must i do to pass the assessment...

thanks so much,

dar

Hi Darlon,

I see nobody answered your question... I suggest you start a new thread and put a strong title of your new thread, for example "Metal fabricator - Victoria - assessment - help", something that will get noticed, so you have more chance to get an answer...

Good luck!

Kind greetings,

bma

Hi Darlon,

I see nobody answered your question... I suggest you start a new thread and put a strong title of your new thread, for example "Metal fabricator - Victoria - assessment - help", something that will get noticed, so you have more chance to get an answer...

Good luck!

Kind greetings,

bma

thanks for the advice! bma, :wink:

hope a great time ahead of you....

• 1 month later...
Guest Benjam88

Hey tonyman I signed up to the forum on seeing your post. Im currently living in the uk and seeking a sponsorship as a welder. Im 23 years old with 7 years experience in pipe welding, any help would be great thanks.

Benjam.

• 1 month later...

I am a british welder with over 8 years experience, worked on ship repair, pressure vessels, now working in oil refinery plater/welder in southampton england. looking for work or sponsership in the sunshine coast . Any information would be helpful please. also waiting for TRA to get back to me so i start visa

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest katie007

thanks so much,

dar

Cost $1,950 AUD and is the Vetassess/TRA as they farm out to VU now.

http://www.vu.edu.au/sites/default/files/TTI/SMAS/Fees%20Combined_Effective%201%20July%202012.pdf

Metal Fab info here:

http://www.vu.edu.au/sites/default/files/TTI/SMAS/P1_OSAP_APP%20FORM_METAL%20FABRICATOR_JULY%202012%28V1.0%29.pdf

Best of Luck to you.

Edited by katie007
typo plus added more info

• 1 year later...