You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

kellyjamie

Good news about the house

Well the house has been on the market 10 weeks now and not a single viewer so we decided to put it up for rent on gumtree, so after less than 12 hours we got a phone call, day later they viewed the house and this morning we accepted them as the tennants! Very relieved to finally know what were doing, its not ideal we really wanted it sold but hey atleast we will be getting an income. They are a nice family and want it initially for a year with a view to making it long term for about 3 years, so lets hope it works out.

we are moving out in 4 weeks and going to live with Jamies stepmum and little bro which will be tight but its only for 4 months and will allow us to save quite abit so we have cash to bring. My mum has refused to let us stay says theres not enuf room and we would likely fall out, suits me as she can be very awkward hwen things dont go her way. I had to explain the whole situ to her and my dad today, they said they want to ensure were doing the right thing it was them who told us to rent it, now its happnin theyre not so happy and all i got was well what will happen to mum when dads not here! not that i should live my life for me and follow my dreams no no just what will happen to my mum when my dads not here!!!! its better i dont stay with them.

so feeling very real now as this was the last stumbling block in a very very long and difficult road:wubclub:

• Like 1

LIVE.....LAUGH....... DREAM.........LOVE

There was an article in the papers about reluctant landlords. Seems to be a sign of the times. Good luck with it. We did the same and it worked out ok.

Hi Kelly,

Hmmm I know what its like to have a controlling mum, so your arrangement to stay with your OHs step mum sounds like the right thing!! Thats very nice of her, it will give you a chance to save and have a cushion when you move over.

People will always think how they will be affected!!! Do you have any family left in the uk, sisters/brothers.

You only get one life, I have 3 small children, and it is them I am primarily responsible for. My parents are not in ill health and are quite active, only in early 60s and I have family here in case anything happens. My parents went abroad when we were young for a better life so they can see why we want to go (were living in Ireland and things are not good here).

Do keep them informed of your plans even if they arent enthusiatic!!! They will come around.

Best of luck with your plans!

Kind Regards Cazmayo

Guest juliemtaylor

sounds like a pla, at least you will be able to plan for it all now! How exciting!

Julie x

Hi Kelly,

Hmmm I know what its like to have a controlling mum, so your arrangement to stay with your OHs step mum sounds like the right thing!! Thats very nice of her, it will give you a chance to save and have a cushion when you move over.

People will always think how they will be affected!!! Do you have any family left in the uk, sisters/brothers.

You only get one life, I have 3 small children, and it is them I am primarily responsible for. My parents are not in ill health and are quite active, only in early 60s and I have family here in case anything happens. My parents went abroad when we were young for a better life so they can see why we want to go (were living in Ireland and things are not good here).

Do keep them informed of your plans even if they arent enthusiatic!!! They will come around.

Best of luck with your plans!

Kind Regards Cazmayo

Thanks CM, my parents are both thankfully very fit and active, dad beginning to slow a little but nowt major they are 55 and 66. My parents can be quite selfish, no i should say my mum, we got a new suite about 6 mths ago taking with us and you know it took my mum a month to come up and see it, jealousy, so i walk in yesterday to the house and whats she got! a new couch her other one was only 18mths old!! They have a massive 2nd bedroom and i mean large they dont even use it but she says we cant have it as theres not enough room in the house so fair enough, being like this makes leaving easier.

I know they will be finding it diffficult im an only child but they have family and friends all in a 2 hr drive, the most encouragement ive had is "well if you think its right then go for it" but with a sigh and tone of it will never work out, i now give up, but yet they cant wait to visit!!

Anyhow to be fair im not looking forward to sep to dec it will be a bit stressful i imagine but needs must and all that, weve booked into a hotel from 2nd - 10th jan when we leave thanks again x

LIVE.....LAUGH....... DREAM.........LOVE

similar to my mum, but I'm not an only child, beginning to think we're just a gravy boat tho', alls said when dads out of the room tho'

Job offer April 2011, Reccie July 2011, 457 submitted 21/09/2011, my medical only 14/10/11, medical submitted 21/10/11 (IT issues), referred 21/10/11, approved 27/10/11, landed 24/4/12, PR submitted (decision ready) June 2012, PR granted August 2013

Wow!!!!!

I'm absolutley delighted for you!!!

That's just what we decidid to do, and fingers crossed, so far, we havn't regretted it.

Would love to have a meet up with you when you and siamsusie when you arrive.

Chris xx

Tassie Rules OK