Information: PetAirUK - so far so good

FamilyHughes

Finally worked round to 'Arrange to ship the cats' on the long 'to do' list for moving to Oz in August. We have two cats, both 8. Only to find yesterday that there is currently a 4 week turnaround on the Import licence coming through! It used to be 10 days but there is a glut of applications currently apparently.

Anyway, rapidly obtained quotes from Airpets, Pet Air and Par Air, all chosen for shorlist by looking at feedback on the PIO forums.

Due to the urgency decided I'd better go with the all inclusive options. Airpets and Pet Air came in with just a few pounds between them. ParAir gave a competitive quote but didn't include an inclusive quote and I'd have had to spend more time than I have obtaining information and adding delay.

In the end I chose Airpets UK due to the fantastic speedy turn around and comprehensive quote and information provided. They were also extremely reassuring on the telephone. I provided information for the forms in the evening and they sent them all back to me for signing and checking this morning. This afternoon all handed to one of their vets to submit my import application. Speedy! Fingers crossed the 'glut' has subsided a little!

Guest MontyClaude

Good luck with it all. I applied for my import permits last month for my 4 and got them back in just over 2 weeks. They took the money from the ceidt card after 5 days so when I saw that I was happy! Everyone must be moving with their animals this summer for them to be so busy!

Guest MontyClaude

4 cats I wish!! 2 cats and two big dogs! We're all going in Oct, wouldve been there years ago if it wasn't for the cost of them :) wouldn't dream of leaving them though. Think I may breed my Bernese to recoup some of the costs! Where you going to?

We're off to Canberra. All a bit of a rush really as OH got offered a job on a 457 visa after spending a few months deliberating on the next move in the UK. He went over mid June for a 04 July start and daughter and I are going over in August ( we hope!) after sorthing things out here. We are renting out a very old property and it needed work to fix a few eccentricities first!

All a bit of an adventure and I can't wait!:biggrin:

If you loved Melbourne the first time, you will love it taking all your possessions and pets out too. Good luck!

Finally worked round to 'Arrange to ship the cats' on the long 'to do' list for moving to Oz in August. We have two cats, both 8. Only to find yesterday that there is currently a 4 week turnaround on the Import licence coming through! It used to be 10 days but there is a glut of applications currently apparently.

Anyway, rapidly obtained quotes from Airpets, Pet Air and Par Air, all chosen for shorlist by looking at feedback on the PIO forums.

Due to the urgency decided I'd better go with the all inclusive options. Airpets and Pet Air came in with just a few pounds between them. ParAir gave a competitive quote but didn't include an inclusive quote and I'd have had to spend more time than I have obtaining information and adding delay.

In the end I chose Airpets UK due to the fantastic speedy turn around and comprehensive quote and information provided. They were also extremely reassuring on the telephone. I provided information for the forms in the evening and they sent them all back to me for signing and checking this morning. This afternoon all handed to one of their vets to submit my import application. Speedy! Fingers crossed the 'glut' has subsided a little!

Hi there

We aren't sure whether to take both of our cats or leave the older one behind as he is long haired and 14 years old and probably won't travel very well. How far in advance should we start arranging their shipping? We are hoping to leave October time (ish) depending on house sale! Did you have to get injections and bood tests done at your vet or is this all sorted with Pet Air Uk?

Hi Sherbetdip!

Shame about leaving one of your cats behind. I must admit the advise from Parair was not to take a cat over 15 years as it is too stressful for them. I guess you could ask the advise of the company you choose. I am sure that Airpets would be happy to advise, or you could ask your own vet who may be more familiar with the older one.

If you are flying out in October then I would start to arrange the move now. There's no harm in applying for the licence now.

Our cats are up to date with their annual vaccinations so the only thing left for cats is the tick and tapeworm treatment which has to be done within 4 days of their flight so Airpets do this. Probably varies.

I would definitely start getting quotes now and start the process off.

Good luck!

Hi Sherbetdip!

Shame about leaving one of your cats behind. I must admit the advise from Parair was not to take a cat over 15 years as it is too stressful for them. I guess you could ask the advise of the company you choose. I am sure that Airpets would be happy to advise, or you could ask your own vet who may be more familiar with the older one.

If you are flying out in October then I would start to arrange the move now. There's no harm in applying for the licence now.

Our cats are up to date with their annual vaccinations so the only thing left for cats is the tick and tapeworm treatment which has to be done within 4 days of their flight so Airpets do this. Probably varies.

I would definitely start getting quotes now and start the process off.

Good luck!

Hi there

Thanks for the info. Not looking foward to leaving my old boy behind but it really wouldn't be fair on him. I would only be doing it for me! My lovely neighbour has offered to have him which is great as he always sits on her doorstep.