Mom going slightly insane in Brisbane...HELP!

Guest FayeandKeith

Guest FayeandKeith

Hi Everyone,

We arrived last Monday being bought over by my husbands new company - All good as we have had our visas for 3 years now and were planning to make the move on our own next year. All a lot easier having the comapny organise everything. Had a bit of a nightmare as my youngest has been so ill since we arrived we've had her at the hospital with a gastro virus - not a great start. I have two other kids Jude who is 6 and Rio who is 3 - Kaia is 1. Keith starts work on Monday and I am just dreading it, I have friends on the Gold Coast but no-one around Brisbane, have to entertain the 3 kiddies with out going mental myself. Cannot get them into nursery or school until we have a permanent address and we are in an apartment in the city for the next 3 weeks !!! AAgghhhh! Limited toys, small apartment, no friends.. Help! So happy to be here and love it so far just would love someone to chat to and hang out with and some friends for the kiddies. We thought we were going to Melbourne until 4 days before we left UK, then hubbys company had a change of hear at the last minute (though Brisbane was our first choice!). I had actually made contact with few moms on Melbourne but have had no time to do any research or make any contacts in Brisbane at all. Think I may be feling a tad lonely next week:unsure: Please get in touch if you are up for a meet up - sure any mom can relate - cheers for now Faye x

Guest donnie

Hi Faye

God no one wants that poor Kayla little pet, hope she is better soon. Well ul be glad to hear im feeling a tad the same. Have 3 girls 11,5 and 3. Here now 2 and half wks at eight mile plains 15 mins outside the city(south). My partner starts work tues and then off to the mines the following mon for 10 days on 4 off so il be totally lost to be honest. I have to find a nice hse soon too to get girls enrolled in a good school, its very difficult trying to get it all right! I dont know if ill have transport next wk but if you do you could drive to here, well tlk to you soon Faye, Noelle

Hiya,

Just to let you know that there is a 'Brisbannittes' meet up this weekend in Springfield Lakes - It is on Sunday at 11am at Robelle Domain, we will be around the playground area and we have a banner now so should be easily identifiable. There will be quite a few families there from all over Brisbane and we are a lovely welcoming friendly bunch.

Sharon

x

Hi Everyone,

We arrived last Monday being bought over by my husbands new company - All good as we have had our visas for 3 years now and were planning to make the move on our own next year. All a lot easier having the comapny organise everything. Had a bit of a nightmare as my youngest has been so ill since we arrived we've had her at the hospital with a gastro virus - not a great start. I have two other kids Jude who is 6 and Rio who is 3 - Kaia is 1. Keith starts work on Monday and I am just dreading it, I have friends on the Gold Coast but no-one around Brisbane, have to entertain the 3 kiddies with out going mental myself. Cannot get them into nursery or school until we have a permanent address and we are in an apartment in the city for the next 3 weeks !!! AAgghhhh! Limited toys, small apartment, no friends.. Help! So happy to be here and love it so far just would love someone to chat to and hang out with and some friends for the kiddies. We thought we were going to Melbourne until 4 days before we left UK, then hubbys company had a change of hear at the last minute (though Brisbane was our first choice!). I had actually made contact with few moms on Melbourne but have had no time to do any research or make any contacts in Brisbane at all. Think I may be feling a tad lonely next week:unsure: Please get in touch if you are up for a meet up - sure any mom can relate - cheers for now Faye x

I have older children but always happy to meet up as sharon has said there is the brisbannittes meet this weekend should be great come along if your younger one is better if not pm me and perhaps can arrange a catcvh up you are not alone we are all here to help if we can

Guest CandS

Hello there,

certainly can relate to going slightly crazy stuck in an apartment with kiddies, and we were only there for a short time. How are things going? We have two little girls. They loved South Bank and having trips on the river although controlling the youngest (nearly 2) on the boats was a bit of a headache.

If you are still looking to meet up with other mums then let me know. Might be able to loan you some extra toys as well - I know how difficult it can be without!

Sian