Philln01

Child Visa 802 (onshore)

Hi folks, looking for info or advice

My son who is now 16yrs 6 months has told me he wants to come to Australia, possibly to live permanently due to the UK being the UK (Utterly Krap) no work ETC.

I want to get him here via the child visa and im looking at the onshore visa as i can control the Financial side of it, i.e i dont trust his mother with my cash, or a 16 yr old either.

Are there any down sides to him entering on the Holiday Visa and the applying for the 802 onshore visa once here.

When we left his mother would not allow him to come so was never put on our Visa.

Does anyone know how the bridging visa works, would he be able to work or go to Tafe / College. We are now Citizens so there are no issue there and ill sponsor him.

All help and Advice is warmly recieved.

His bridging visa gives the same rights as the visa he was on before. So no work rights, can do limited study and pay international fees for the pleasure. No idea if you can ask for this to be waived on the basis of a PR application being waited on.

05/09/09 Mailed my 309/100 app 17/09/09 CO 05/10/09 Meds 08/10/09 PCC 09/10/09 Xray, 18/12/09 Extra Medical report recieved by CO 14/01/10 Hep B test, 09/02/10 New CO aggh 18/02/10 309, Baby visa needed now for our move in Sept 2011

Thanks Shel,

I will now try to go for the 101 offshore visa, at least he will have have study and work rights from day 1. Ive been told that all visa charges can be paid at this end so that takes the worry of having to send thousands of dollars overseas. Ive decided to try to pull in some favours in the UK to get him to the medical over there and that will be paid for by CCard.

Now ive just got to find out how long it will all take?

Processing time for a subclass 101 is currently quoted at 7 to 8 months.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)