ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulacox

457 - Perm Visa

Guest paulacox

Morning All,

Hope you can help, my SIL and BIL have applied for a 457 visa, which is going through at the moment, but now they are having second thoughts about whether or not they will be able to go from there 457 to a Perm Visa have after they have done there 4 years ? on there 457, they have heard that you may not get your Perm Visa could you tell me how truth this is?

Thanks

Paula

:hug:

Guest guest36187

Very true! 457 is no guarantee for a PR visa. What job does the main visa holder do?

Guest Altium
Morning All,

Hope you can help, my SIL and BIL have applied for a 457 visa, which is going through at the moment, but now they are having second thoughts about whether or not they will be able to go from there 457 to a Perm Visa have after they have done there 4 years ? on there 457, they have heard that you may not get your Perm Visa could you tell me how truth this is?

Thanks

Paula

:hug:

457 visa doesn't lead to permanent residency itself. If they want to stay in Oz permanently they have to apply for PR visa.

They can only go from a 457 to a permanent visa if a) their 457 employer is willing to sponsor them for a permanent visa and b) if their occupation is listed on the ENSOL.

If their employer is willing, he can sponsor them for a permanent visa after 2 years on a 457 or even earlier if they get skills assessment and meet the other conditions for a permanent visa.

My wife is heading this direction herself. Looking like we have a strong chance of getting to Sydney on a 457. I believe the next step to PR is an employee sponsored 856.

Guest paulacox

Thanks for your replies xx