Soul Searching

PommyPaul

Ok another one of these threads from me haha, but hey it must make intresting reading for someone!

I'm going to admit my hearts not in settling in perth right now so, while the savings are looking good after the busy seeding job i just did and with a nice tax refund looming i think it would be a good time to find myself alittle more and see the bits of australia i haven't been too yet.... starting tomorrow haha (well there's no time like the present)

So plan is head from perth up the west coast seeing all the sites on the way, can't wait for the dolphins at monkey mia!!!! then a good explore of the kimberleys, bungle bungles and everything else, upto darwin then across to cairns and abit of time out on the reef as i never exploired the reef as much as i should then down to airlie beach exploring everything on the way..... hopefully by the time i get to airlies beach in a month or twos time the soul would have been searched enought to know what to do next with my life haha..

bring on the adventure :jiggy:

Guest littlesarah

By the time you get to Airlie Beach, you'll have come to the conclusion that with so much of Australia still left to see, it would be rude not to cram a bit more travel in!

btw if anyone wants to come along for this ride and you're anywhere on the way i have three spare seats in my car and would love some drinking buddies and someone to share a few costs with :)

at sounds good to me pal but wee 2 hungry lads eating everything in sight and a wife :mad:a better bide here, you stay safe and well paul , enjoy

cheers stevie, got to admit the old wife and kids thing is slowly becoming more appealing to me, well the wife bit anyway lol
enjoy your self first paul before you sigh your life away, a wife is fine but sometimes being told what to do 24/7 can get to you.:laugh:their good for making you somen to eat though must admit, :cute:

Guest GoldCoastMag

I have loved the pics and stories from your adventures, go for it, it sounds amazing and not something you can do when mortgages and schools start making a permanent job a necessity.

Please keep the pics coming

I have loved the pics and stories from your adventures, go for it, it sounds amazing and not something you can do when mortgages and schools start making a permanent job a necessity.

Please keep the pics coming

so true!!! ahh and thanks!! i will make sure to post lots of pics!! am going to make this a proper doing things blowout trip, all the stuff i've mean't to do and never got round too, monkey mia with the dolphins, flights over the kimberlies, diving the reef and croc safaris

yay hehe

Go for it Paul, would'nt expect anything less from you lol:-)

It is all a great life experience and if I had the change again I would have done exactly what you are doing before I got married and had kids.

Keep us posted on what you are doing and so looking forward to the pics.

Just to add I have met a few of OH's work mates who have come from the Eastern States and have travelled all over Australia and 2 of them say that the best beaches they have been too in Australia were in Esperance would love your thoughts on that one, once you have travelled all the way around.

Good Luck and drive safe

Laney xxx

Go for it Paul, would'nt expect anything less from you lol:-)

It is all a great life experience and if I had the change again I would have done exactly what you are doing before I got married and had kids.

Keep us posted on what you are doing and so looking forward to the pics.

Just to add I have met a few of OH's work mates who have come from the Eastern States and have travelled all over Australia and 2 of them say that the best beaches they have been too in Australia were in Esperance would love your thoughts on that one, once you have travelled all the way around.

Good Luck and drive safe

Laney xxx

its funny you should say that but i have to agree, the only thing that comes close i'd say is whitehaven in the whitsundays, the beaches in esperance have it all, lovely sand, crystal clear blue water, amazing scenery as you lookout to sea with little islands, weather worn rocks poking out and theres alsways awesome breaks for the surfers so you're always gaurenteed some eye candy haha :)

Guest The Pom Queen
then across to cairns and abit of time out on the reef as i never exploired the reef as much as i should then down to airlie beach exploring everything on the way..... hopefully by the time i get to airlies beach in a month or twos time the soul would have been searched enought to know what to do next with my life haha..

bring on the adventure :jiggy:

You are more than welcome to stay here, in fact I think we should have a mods/admin conference get Tony over from the UK and we can hire a fishing charter and explore the reef (oops I mean have a business meeting re the forum):hug::notworthy:

You are more than welcome to stay here, in fact I think we should have a mods/admin conference get Tony over from the UK and we can hire a fishing charter and explore the reef (oops I mean have a business meeting re the forum):hug::notworthy:

ahhh cheers kate :D:D when i hit your area i'll send you a message if you like, would love to go out exploring the reef and or abit of fishing, well get out doing anything infact :)

Guest Scotinaus

The Kimberley is AMAZING!! Broome was nice for a few days as well. If you like diving then the Ningaloo reef is a must and it's whale shark season!! So jealous, we did it in 2009 with OH and the in-laws and it was the best trip ever.

The Kimberley is AMAZING!! Broome was nice for a few days as well. If you like diving then the Ningaloo reef is a must and it's whale shark season!! So jealous, we did it in 2009 with OH and the in-laws and it was the best trip ever.

oh yes :D will definately be doing ningaloo reef :D can't wait, think i need an underwater camera haha

Guest Guest 47403
Go for it Paul, You may never get the opportunity to do it again, happy traveling mate ..

As Colin says Paul do it all while you can mate enjoy and keep safe.

Guest Guest31881
thanks :D i must admit i'm getting a mild case of getting eaten by croc or shark phobia haha

No need to worry about crocodiles Paul, after the first couple of chews you will not feel anything else.....:wubclub:

Guest guest37336

Sounds good to me Kate,:jiggy:.

Just remember Paul try to get 'out there' mate and spend a few hours in the middle of nowhere, nothing like it mate. I dare say you have already thought about this, but to be in total solitude, (different to lonely,:yes:) amongst the red sand, Wedge tail Eagles, roos and host of other things has stayed with me to this day mate, I can with hand on heart say NOTHING has come close to how I felt/feel when in the true 'Outback',:notworthy:.

Reference Airlie Beach,:shocked:. When I first went to it (some twenty-five years ago) it was exquisite, very quiet, relaxed and few tourists. When I was last out there it was PACKED to the rafters with people, I know things change mate, they have to, but try and get out of he main town, there are still many ares there where you can just sit and stare to hearts content.

Cheers Tony.

Sounds good to me Kate,:jiggy:.

Just remember Paul try to get 'out there' mate and spend a few hours in the middle of nowhere, nothing like it mate. I dare say you have already thought about this, but to be in total solitude, (different to lonely,:yes:) amongst the red sand, Wedge tail Eagles, roos and host of other things has stayed with me to this day mate, I can with hand on heart say NOTHING has come close to how I felt/feel when in the true 'Outback',:notworthy:.

Reference Airlie Beach,:shocked:. When I first went to it (some twenty-five years ago) it was exquisite, very quiet, relaxed and few tourists. When I was last out there it was PACKED to the rafters with people, I know things change mate, they have to, but try and get out of he main town, there are still many ares there where you can just sit and stare to hearts content.

Cheers Tony.

ahh cheers tony!!! you know i will take your advice and do that for at least 48 hours, get myself some supplies and set myself up camp away from everything!!

Fish for barramundi at Ivanhoe Crossing, Kununurra in the East Kimberley. Chuck a 4" soft plastic lure in the white water at the base of the crossing and gradually wind in the lure.icon14.gif

Call in at Ball Bay, mate.

Cheers, Bobj.