"Recent work experience" Basic Eligibility change since 1 July 2011?

RichWJ

I've been on the immi.gov.au website and want to find out if the recent work experience requirement of '12 out of the last 24 months' still applied for a 175 independent skilled migrant visa?

The eligibilty requirement was standard before 1 July 2011 and was very clearly stated across the website and within the 175 visa category sections online. It is now gone from the website but does still appear in "Booklet 6" in a contradictory way.

Is this because the booklet is not up to date? Any advice appreciated.

(I'm an experienced accountant but have been running my own 'non-accounting' business for 2 years - so this is crucial and I may need to return to work for 12 months if it is still required)

Agreed - it is strange that it is now unclear on the Immi web site.

I actually phoned up not so long ago and was informed that this requirement would remain the same from 1 July 2011.

To clarify further that this is still the case, on the electronic 175 visa application you are asked to select either:

Work experience or two year study

Select the condition that applies to you:

You have worked in an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) for 12 out of the 24 months immediately before lodging this application.

You meet the two years study in Australia requirement in the six months before the date of application.

So yes there is still a recent work experience requirement of 12 out of the last 24 months.

I've been on the immi.gov.au website and want to find out if the recent work experience requirement of '12 out of the last 24 months' still applied for a 175 independent skilled migrant visa?

The eligibilty requirement was standard before 1 July 2011 and was very clearly stated across the website and within the 175 visa category sections online. It is now gone from the website but does still appear in "Booklet 6" in a contradictory way.

Is this because the booklet is not up to date? Any advice appreciated.

(I'm an experienced accountant but have been running my own 'non-accounting' business for 2 years - so this is crucial and I may need to return to work for 12 months if it is still required)

This is an issue which I have often warned about on the forum. The IMMI website is a guide which contains basic information. The Regulations behind each subclass are lengthy and often complicated.

In regards to the new 175 Regulations, there is a 12 in 24 month requirement, but even this is not straight forward as there are variations depending on the occupation being nominated.

Guest want to be in oz

Oh I'm getting excited now. Do you think this means I can apply for the 175? I'm a secondary school teacher and have been working 9 years continually. I have worked 6 years full time and the last few years I've had 2 periods of maternity leave and been working part-time, approx 14 hours, so less than the 20 hours but if they don't ask for this I'm ok. Can someone confirm please? :chatterbox: